pool tiles colour after water goes in

How can you see what the swimming pool tiles will look like AFTER the water has gone in? It all looks so different once the water has gone in. Is it practical to make a mock up somewhere and then put water in to see how the main pool will look? To explain,I've started tiling and at 30% I worry that it won't look like I want and I would sooner chip all the tiles off now rather than go all the way and then after the water goes in it looks awful. You've only got to look at a pool which looks great and run your eyes to the tiles at the top of the pool where the water doesn't reach and you can see how they look compared to the SAME tiles which are covered by the water. Completely different .

Reply to
-keevill-

It's going to be tough...because the light is different every day and the color will be different. Just a quick example. A woman called complaining that two adjacent walls in her house were painted a different color. The painter assured us he didn't paint the walls a different color. We went and checked the place out. Sure enough, you walk in the door and look in the corner and the walls are two different colors. However, if you shine a light on the corner, the walls are the same color again. Light has the ability to greatly impact a color and the color of light in the sky changes over the course of the day, seasons, weather, etc.

Good luck.

Reply to
3D Peruna

What do you want it to look like?

FYI lighter tiles will show up the colour of the water - light beige tiles will make the water look green (but not unpleasant), white will give a sort of lighter turquoise, blues will start overcoming the green component and surprise - show up more blue :-)

The clarity of the water will also play a role - if the pool filtration isn't properly looked after the water will get dirty and the suspended particulates will change the look and colour of the water

The lighter the colour the more you will see into the water

The darker you will see less and less untill you come to dark blue/black where it will act as a reflection pool But you won't be able to judge the depth so diving in becomes an act of faith/stupidity - and diving accidents are making a lot of US layers richer than ever :-(

Hope that's some help - bottom line is you can have whatever you want - as long as its not a mosaic dolphin or guitar (sorry Don but it's just a no OK!) :-)

In the UK I've always used 25mm sq mosaic tiles in pools and I like the finished effect

3D Peruna's right about the light hitting the pool though - it could have a dramatic affect on the final result I''ve seen white gloss paint look battle ship grey when in the shadows on a bright sunny day

Tim

and I would sooner chip all the tiles off now rather

Reply to
Tim

I think you don't quite understand my problem. I have chosen a mix of 4 tiles ~3 shades of green and 1 of blue. The dominant colour being 40% of a mid shade of green and with blue being 10%. I wonder what the finished article will look like. Of course if it were just 1 colour, then that would not be very difficult to see or imagine what it would look at when finished. I am trying to get a finish or a greeny blue shimmering effect. I don't want it to end up looking like a kid's chequer board game which it is beginning to look like when 40% finished without the water in.

Reply to
-keevill-

"-keevill-" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

No way to get a few extras, cement and grout them on a board, and submerge that into some water...?

Do you have a photo posted anywhere?

Reply to
Kris Krieger

That's a good idea !! Let me try that.

I've sent one to you ~ hope I managed to remove the munging of ur email address.

-keevill-

Reply to
-keevill-