Nomadic Museum

http://www.ashesandsnow.org/en/flash-popup.php#exhibition |nomadic-museum

Man, that's a slow load.

Snow load at all. ;)
Maybe it was the time of day. It just took about eight seconds to load. The time lapse photography of the erection of the museum roof was fun.

I almost went to see that here in Santa Monica, CA. But found out to late and had plans that weekend. The interesting part when I first saw it driving by the area, was that it was set up out in one of the beach parking lot. The structure it was in was made up of a whole bunch of shipping containers. I didn't see much more than the outside, which wasn't set up to look pretty, rather it looked more like an impermanent structure ready to move out on a whim. I thought it set the stage well for a nomadic type display. Wish I could have seen the inside though.
--
Edgar

Thanks for the link. It was refreshing view of man & nature. I thought it was clever to have each picture trail your mouse from which to choose your next slide.

This from the homosexual court jester of APH...
Edgar wrote:

I checked this out in SM, it was a photo/film exhibit that was subtly lit with Mexican beach stones lining a path throughout. Cloth strips hanging from the ceiling for texture and to soften the acoustics for the ethereal ambient soundtrack that played. I spoke with one of the 'assemblers' while they were stacking the containers. He mentioned that the museum was build with locally acquired materials, to reduce the shipping impact.
An interesting idea, but it didn't look like it had much seismic integrity. We Angelenos think about these things.