Favorite material

What would you say is your favorite architectural material (1) to use in your own designs and (2) to see used in designs? Why/what do you like about it (or them)?

I guess it'd also help to also differntiate residential-project materials from large-scale/commercial maerials.

No scientific survey, I'm just curious ;)

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Photons. It's all about the play of light and dark.

RicodJour

Is this related to the 'hope filling the center of columns' reputed to have been mentioned by Louis Kahn? T

Reply to
tbasc

rebar and concrete, because it keeps food on the table. :-)

Reply to
TheRebarGuy

Get atta here! (pushes rebarguy in the shoulder) ;P

(...Problem is, you need a jackhammer to eat.)

Reply to
Warm Worm

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

It *is* versatile. I suppose you could make just about any shape, given enough of the stuff. create a skeleton of any shape you want that coudl then be covered with various other materials.

SOme interesting and/or bizarre paper sculpture:

OK, too way-out for living spaces, but the point is about plasticity of form so to speak.

Reply to
Kris Krieger