computational modelling of architecture

I have in mind a project pertaining to the intersection of Artificial Intelligence and Architecture. Is there a standard modelling language for architectural design? Preferably with associated free tools.
thanks Zach
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hearty laugh...
3D Peruna > wrote:

I still have a hearty laugh at your request. But, for an example of a "standard" modeling language for architectural design try Christopher Alexander's "A Pattern Language." Just note that it's a) probably not what you mean, and b) not really "standard."
Alexander's "Notes on the synthesis of Form" is also applicable. It offers a more formal (and earlier) approach to a design language.
snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

I'm fairly sure that neither is really what he's asking about... But it should be fun to see, assuming he ever comes back.
hi zach that sounds really interesting i may have been looking at some similar things, i would be interested in taking to you, or anyone else for that matter about applications of AI in architecture.
Tim
tim wrote:

In architecture, it's all "A" I. ;)
Architecture already has expert systems. They're called "architects."
tim wrote:

I would like to nominate that we call those architects who design exclusively using AI systems, 'architists'.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, the standard modelling language for architectural design consists of two very basic words:
"pencil" "bumwad" *
It's up to the user to adequately /intelligently use them.
Marcello
*May be replaced with 'napkin' when the moment warrants it
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

How come you come here to post then never come back?
3D Peruna > wrote:

:D
Maybe because his interactive subroutines are in a formative state. ;)