computational modelling of architecture

I have in mind a project pertaining to the intersection of Artificial Intelligence and Architecture. Is there a standard modelling language for architectural design? Preferably with associated free tools.

thanks Zach

Reply to
zmason

Hearty laugh...

Reply to
3D Peruna

I still have a hearty laugh at your request. But, for an example of a "standard" modeling language for architectural design try Christopher Alexander's "A Pattern Language." Just note that it's a) probably not what you mean, and b) not really "standard."

Reply to
3D Peruna

Alexander's "Notes on the synthesis of Form" is also applicable. It offers a more formal (and earlier) approach to a design language.

Reply to
nomail

I'm fairly sure that neither is really what he's asking about... But it should be fun to see, assuming he ever comes back.

Reply to
3D Peruna

hi zach that sounds really interesting i may have been looking at some similar things, i would be interested in taking to you, or anyone else for that matter about applications of AI in architecture.

Tim

Reply to
tim

In architecture, it's all "A" I. ;)

Reply to
3D Peruna

Reply to
nomail

Yes, the standard modelling language for architectural design consists of two very basic words:

"pencil" "bumwad" *

It's up to the user to adequately /intelligently use them.

Marcello

*May be replaced with 'napkin' when the moment warrants it
Reply to
marcenmoni

I would like to nominate that we call those architects who design exclusively using AI systems, 'architists'.

Reply to
Warm Worm

How come you come here to post then never come back?

Reply to
3D Peruna

:D

Maybe because his interactive subroutines are in a formative state. ;)

Reply to
Warm Worm