Cad software

Hello Group,
Any of you vastly experience craftsmen/women, architects, designers, technicians use VectorWorks?
I just acquired a copy, and am not sure if it's even worth the time I've already put into it. I'm use to the AutoCAD system of things.
--
--------------------------------------
JOHNNY
John wrote:

I had a demo copy so I tried it. It is ok but it is not that cheap, full version. No particular reaso or rationale to buy it, is not totally compatible with ACAD docs.
I'm thinking I might just mess around with it for the knowledge.. I've been dealing with Designers who work with this software. But I don't think I'm going to go too far into my practicing.
--
John
--------

Hi Johnny,
I used Vector Works from a MAC years ago working for a Architectural firm. I'm not sure if it was designed to be used on a MAC. The program was real stable and didn't crash often. It seemed real compatible and alike Adobe Products. Not a big learning curve as I can remember.
Good Luck, Artist.
I've used it a few times now. I notice that it is similar to ACad but it requires alot more work to do anything that I could simply snap-off in a few minutes of work with Acad. I guess with time, will come my speed.
Thanks for the reply.
--
John
-------