Building the Architects' Business

Hi All,

Architecture as a business seems to have some serious problems within it's existence in the universe.

Architects all over the world seem to Complain about the lack of money in their line The lack of a proper business structure (marketing by word of mouth)

Architects also work hard and face extremely challenging working conditions with clients changing their minds too often, surprise elements on site and tight deadlines.

Architects also lead highly stressed lives that lead to alcoholism, drug abuse and high divorce rates.

I would like to form a forum of free lance and employed architects to meet and deal with these challenges with the goal of fixing them with a scientific approach to business development, lead generation, order possessing, client negotiation and timely delivery without killing the architect.

My name is Arul Baliah. I live in Bangalore Vivek Nagar. I work for Microsoft in Evangelizing Business Enhancement and Partner Relations

I wanted to change tracks on my career to become an architect but I thought this might be a better way to be a blessing to the architects' community.

Please mail me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com if you are interested in joining me or networking with me in this venture.

Regards,

Arul

Reply to
Ta'fxkz

I'm not even sure where to start...

Reply to
3D Peruna

ARCHITECTURE is a cruel and shallow profession A long dark hallway where misfits and radicals run free, and gifted architects die like dogs ..........but then there's also a negative side

Ta'fxkz wrote:

Reply to
hannah

pathetic. get a life, instead of an excuse.

-- R'zenboom

Reply to
R'zenboom

I can stand corrected about the dates. Obviously I wasn't there and I was repeating points in time I was told about in the 80s by several -- different -- very old architects in their 80s and one in his 90s who are now long dead. I recall being told it was during the 1920s when they started the licensing requirements right after the Zionist jews started the Federal Reserve jew money system of usury. So yes, it was incorrect to say the AIA was formed in the 1920s.

Reply to
clintonG

snipped-for-privacy@cpu-net.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Or at least go into politics, where one is expected and encouraged to propose utter garbage =:-o

Reply to
Kris Krieger