Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The Love of a Building
There's a building that I'm in love with. It's not perfect, but it has character, and an uncommon beauty, whimsy and delight all its own, and I see much of my own character in it as well--...
29
29

FA Indian Islamic Architecture vintage book
Indian Architecture ,Islamic Period by Percy Brown,Curator of the Government Art Gallery Calcutta , 1942,some damp staining to edges of some pages ,otherwise a good sound large book,11and half inches...
1
1

"...What once seemed special now looks rote..."
Bloomberg delivers business and markets news, data, analysis, and video to the world, featuring stories from Businessweek and Bloomberg News on everything pertaining to politics Bloomberg delivers...
9
9

Re: CFL Observations
It can and does take your eyes that long to fully adjust. It's always easier to see things when you a _looking_ for them. I don't know if you own a telescope, but living where you do you, you...
9
9

Ben Katchor
Anyone also like his work? I became familiar with it via Metropolis magazine and now pick up the mag just for his strip at the end. stuff. http://www.katchor.com/Good

"For some unaccountable reason we seem to be determined to vandalise these few remaining sites which retain the kind of human scale and timeless character that so attract people to them."

Towers risk vandalising heritage sites across the country, prince says

Joinery
A&N Joinery Ltd are the leading Building Solutions Company based in Staffordshire, covering the whole of the Midlands We believe in top quality finished solutions for all of your: * Conversions. *...

Small Homes: Thoughts?
Here're a few links to maybe help get your log rolling: building big? Why? Why not? My initial questions/thoughts: Do smaller homes provide bigger design challenges? More of a creative attention...
22
22

Permit for Hot Work
It appears that last weeks fire at the Monte Carlo resort was likely caused by a welder. Clark County is conscerned that there was no hot permit pulled. Since it is most likely the same person with...

Re: To Michael
It's a glass house after all, eh? Post your political rants an a group where they belong, at least try not to say bigoted things that will hurt others, and avoid all name calling and you won't...
9
9

Duplex Dilemma
Recently, I was in Las Vegas on business and saw this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mgwk75&s=3 http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mgwk75
5
5

True or Untrue Postulate
You don't have to be successful at anything to have narcissistic personality disorder.
9
9

Thousands of Solar Energy Inventions for you to include in your designs
Greetings, Mr Al Gore said that we need people if we are to stand a ghost of a chance to make a difference in the battle. Artchitects are the front lines in this area, and if you all don't get the...
1
1

Amber Room
Never heard of it before. Link to video: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/01/080125-amber-video-vin.html
24
24

Question answered
Greetings to one and all. In response to those of you that asket me where I found all that neat solar stuff, and I must admit that my wife found it for me. She said she did a search on Yahoo for...