Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to go about getting a plan drawn
I need to replace the sill plate in my house so I figure out how I am going to lift/support everything while I remove & replace. Then like a good law-abiding citizen I call the building inspector and...
9
9

FA Eddystone Lighthouse History engineers builders
The Red Rocks of the Eddystone by Fred Majdalany,The Story of the Eddystone Lighthouses. VGC, 215 pages. Great history of the lighthouses,their keepers,builders and stories relating to with a small...
2
2

Re: No Country For Old Men
"Edgar" wrote in news:47e9823c$0$26006$ [edited/snipped] OK, it's just that I see the non-violence aspect as part of what the "good guys" (so to speak) were pertty much about, although that's...
12
12

Intelligent home
Hi In my computer science program i had to take a course about how to design stuff from a point of view of how people think and how the mind works. One of the assignments was to create a panel or a...
7
7

Careers and salaries in Architecture
Hello, I am a junior in high school and was contemplating a career in architecture, but I would like to know what the realistic expected salaries would be. I live near Philadelphia so I visited Penn...
10
10

Lowest common denominator...
I thought this site was great, gave me a few laughs: Right – Funny & True Stories | NotAlwaysRight.com
3
3

Off-Grid building and nergy efficiency website
THis is the homepage: What prompted me to post this was Don's recent discussion about his plans to try greenhouse vegetable gardening. I saw a blurb on THC during brunch about Amory Lovins and the...
10
10

Re: TV?
Here's the one I'm pinin' for: price direct from Sony is overinflated. I think I have seen it for about $2,500. It's a lot of moolah I know. The thing about that one specifically, and...

Mahogany vs Pine Interior Doors
I'm debating whether to go through the trouble of using mahogany interior doors instead of pine. Pine is very common in this area, mahogany is not. I have to travel about 3 hours to see the doors,...
3
3

OT (that means Off Topic) Revere Copper on China and a VAT
Tell me what you think about this: http://www.reverecopper.com/pdf/MyCompanyCountry.pdf
4
4

Travellers News
***** AdvocacyNet News Bulletin 133 March 12, 2008 ***** /The Washington Post/ Features AP's Coverage of the Dale Farm Eviction Crisis March 12, 2008, Dale Farm UK and Washington, DC: In a...

20 Great Ideas
http://yourrichlifeinc.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/20-ideas-i-wish-i-was-taught-at-20/

FA History Henry Yevele Architect Stone mason
Henry Yevele 1320 to 1400,The Life of an English Architect by John H Harevey, chipping to dustwrapper,boards faded,,otherwise a good sound copy. Really interesting book on the life and work of late...

FA The English Windmill mills post wright smock
The English Windmill by Rex Wailes ,Drawings by Vincent Lines ,VGC , 246 pages. Probably one of the best books available on the English mill,very comprehensive ,filled with diagrams,drawings pictures...

Voysey...was Re: Success
Was that because he wasn't 'intrinsically classical' or wasn't a 'pioneer'? I love that guy's work. A British friend who graduated in England, but never certified, worked...
10
10