Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Leaky Condo Crisis...whose fault?
> Units in picture appear to be EIFS (Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems). This system is very good if (very big IF) properly detailed and applied. I've used it a lot for 20 years without...
2
2

Architectural detail
I need the name for an architectural detail, and my memory won't kick in. It's a horizontal element on the facade, running across the front of the building, about two feet below the top of the...
4
4

Building Code Height and Area Limitations
One level of basement need not be included in calculations as long as it complies with sec. 506.1.1. Sec. 506.4 (Area Determination) deals with number of stories ABOVE THE GRADE, therefore it is not...
3
3

Re: to Kris about electronics.
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news:4f0b5ed3-20bf-4a64- Cool, right off the bat, while all the posts are loading, I already hooked up with some Schematics sites. Still downloading teh whoel NG (over 500K...
4
4

FA Japanese Homes Architecture Design rare 1st. 1885
Japanese Homes & Their Surroundings,Illustrated by Edward S Morse US Boston 1885, Ticknor & Company. Blue decorated cloth, very good, 372p., top edge gilt,, 307 b.w. illustrations in the text by the...

FA The English Farmhouse vintage Architecture
The English Farmhouse by Martin S Briggs,VGC , 1st edition,242 pages. Excellent old book on the architecture of the English farmhouse and with pictures,line illustrations etc.

Bamboo - Washington, DC Exhibit
The Smithsonian Folklife Festival has as one of its major elements this year Bhutan and its culture. A Mahayanna Buddhist Temple has gone up on the mall and there are bad renditions of quasi Bhutanese...

Re: When is a change in use NOT a change in use ...
Yep... You must bring the building up to current codes based on the new use of the building. My two cents. Artist.

"Hunger for architectural novelty is growing..."
http://arts.guardian.co.uk/art/architecture/story/0

Jonathan Glancey: David Fisher's 420-metre-high tower for Dubai is designed to house 80 flats which will turn independently on a...

Bamboo buildings - any thoughts?
I'm working on a design for a glass piece and was searching for Bamboo pics, and came across a few links to Bamboo Buildings, and related design innovations. Since sustainable architecture has...
27
27

Re: Dubai plans 'moving' skyscraper
Johnnie In The Billows submitted this idea : There is a hell of a lot of innovative construction taking place in and around Dubai. I watched this documentary about the man made islands they are...

Interior design fees
Hi all- not sure if there are any interior designers on this group, but maybe the construction folks could help me out too? I am trying to gather some information on what interior designers charge for...
3
3

Re: Sheetrock
You're pushing a rock uphill, Pat. I'm surprised they're not asking for two layers of 5/8" drywall on each side. Google tumescent paints and see if that works for you and the AHJ. R
1
1

Re: Vinyl siding SNAFU.
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news:4b59ae9b-9641-43f7- Plain white? Well, *there* is the problem. Had you wanted Mocha Frost or Peach Fizzle or Orange-Blossom Bubbles, in the faux Alligator Foot texture or...
3
3