What could be causing my Trane XL80 transformer to keep shorting out?

I just bought a Trane XL80 dual stage furnace, I ran 18-5 thermostat wire and used all five wires, I have been through two transformers due to them shorting out. Could using the blue and green wires for the thermostat cause the transformer to keep shorting out. I am not sure if this is the cause because it does not short out until I try to turn the heat on. If anybody knows if this is the problem or something else could be causing it to short out I would really appreciate some help. I live in Northern Indiana and the cold is setting in. I have 4 kids and really need to get this figured out. Thank you for any advise on my problem. By the way, I am using this furnace as only a single stage furnace for the time being. Please help, I am getting frustrated and honestly desperate to get heat before the cold really sets in.

Reply to
Infantryman95

Call a local HVAC contractor if that is the case. It is getting cold and your heating should be fixed as soon as possible. It seems that your problem might be in the installation, no one will be able to help you without inspecting the system.

Reply to
matthewmcdounagh