Tail vise question...

Greetings all. I'm looking to add a tail vise to my existing workbench but can't find any info on how it's done. I've seen the hardware, but none of the instruction. I've been to countless pages that show various styles of them, but again, no instruction. Can someone point me in the right direction ?? Thanks in advance. Please feel free to email me back directly as I can't check this group as often as I'd like.

Reply to
bhayner

workbench but

styles of

Check out Lee Valley

- navigate to the vise section and on the page that displays the Veritas tail vise, you can download and read very complete instructions for installing a tail vice.

Reply to
Part-timer

Take a look at the The Workbench Book by Scott Landis. It 's a great read and has terrific pix as well as plans to build all the benchs in it.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Google search on "tail vise" turned up this one

If this one doesn't fill the need you can narrow the search of the 1,490 matches to find instructions

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Reply to
Phisherman

"bhayner" wrote in news:egBHd.164199$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

hardware is available from Woodcraft or Lee Valley (Lee Valley has better service IMHO).

If you want to build the modern sliding tail vise, then be sure to get the hardware that includes the screw and the sliding plates (Woodcraft #144807 or Lee Valley #70G09.01). If you want to build the European style end vise, then you only need the screw alone. When I was building my workbench, I looked at both styles and decided that the modern sliding style was simpler to build and as effective.

You will greatly enjoy having a tail vise. I use my tail vise much much more often than I use my front vise.

Reply to
Nate Perkins