T-9 Lubricant

Has anyone has any issues with the 'waxy film' left behind (as mentioned on the can) causing any problems finishing the piece later?

Also, just how much do you leave behind? Spray on, lightly wipe to cover all areas and let dry?

ThankX, Ron

Reply to
Ron

No, but I'm far from an authority if you're using it as a table lube.

Depends...

I don't use Boesheild as a table lube. I use it to displace water and prevent rust after sharpening hand tools with waterstones and before putting my hand tools away after use. It's a light spritz, then a wipe.

The only time I use Boesheild on power tools is as a heavy fog to protect during longer downtime periods or storage, or to protect my airplane from corrosion.

For table lubes, I like Top Cote, Top Saver, or a light paste waxing. I don't think Boesheild is as slippery as the other three, but I think lots of other folks like Boesheild on the table tops.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I tried T-9 once and was not happy with it. T-9 is more of a protectent than a lubricant. I always ended up wiping it off the TS top when I wanted to use the saw. A PIA IMHO.

Reply to
Leon