summary for hf clamps

not seen a video game where the car is real interesting idea though it will come to be everything is going in that direction

Reply to
Electric Comet

the latest big craze with big money at stake is people watching other people play video games

the people playing are playing for a lot of money and the people watching are nothing more than spectators i can completely see driver-less car racing in the near future i used to spend hours racing small electric rc cars why not do it with life-size cars

guys with lots of money would gladly part with some to race head-to-head in a RC driver-less car no injuries and no loss of life i think they would have no problem at all getting spectators to come and watch that

Reply to
Electric Comet

;~)

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Does giving the human the ability to turn right make auto racing a sport?

*Grinning, ducking, and running.*

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

thought it was left. ;~) Like watching tennis.

Reply to
Leon

Actually, I chose that one first. I couldn't see what it was before expanding it to full screen. I didn't think it would be a good choice for a family newsgroup. ;-)

Reply to
krw

No, but turning left apparently does. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Don't forget that while two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts do! ;)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

That criticism went out the door the day A.J. Foyt won LeMans.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Puckdropper wrote in news:564143ef$0$52103 $b1db1813$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

At the late, lamented Hialeah speedway they would occasionally stop the entry-level race half way thru, turn everyone around, and finish the race going clockwise. The result was usually hilarious, because the guys who had been fastest invariably became slowest...

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Why would that be? Driving a race car isn't just about turning. If the fastest drivers were more highly skilled in all aspects of racing, why would the less talented drivers "invariably" outpace (pun intended) them at those skills?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Well, they did have to unwind! ;-)

Hialeah is a horse track. Horses are generally trained to go only one direction and the fastest ones can be pretty temperamental beasts.

Reply to
krw

Just like many humans at the top of their game. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Cars that only turn left usually have asymetric suspensions. The rules for the entry-level class didn't allow any modification to the stock suspension. The guys who were fast turning left and slow turning right were exposed as cheating.

You're thinking of Hialeah Park. Hialeah Speedway was a different (and significantly less glamorous) place. Now, unfortunately, it's the parking lot of a Target.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Sorry, you just said Hialeah. I didn't know there was a Hialeah Speedway (horses turn left too ;-).

Reply to
krw