Re: Metric

> >> Ok, What ia half of 5.3 mm? > > > 2.65 mm > > Can you see an mark 2.65 mm? > > > What's half of 5.3 inches? > > 2.65 "

or very soon diyfurnitureplans.com In my fathers workshop in the 40ies (myself 13 years old) we handled both inperial (25.4 mm) and english (27 mm) inches plus naturally the metric system that was standard for all but the timber and woodwork industry at that time. The lumber was measured and sold by english inches in cubic foot, the workshop workers often spoke of imperial measuremenst, Plans where all in the metric system most in centimeters and millimeter thus an inch was said to be 2 centimeter and 5.4 millimeter. Today all is in millimeter. French got metric at the revolution 1889 The imperial Russia got metric at the revolution1918 We in Scandinavia got officially metric sometimes 188? without a revolution why the change was not complete before sometim e in 60ies. I recommend to buy a measuring tape marked in both imperial and metric and slowly go metric. Klas

Reply to
Klas from Creum