OT: Furniture Making

Aren't they all? :)

Randy Rhoads... Dammit, dammit, dammit.

Reply to
patrick conroy

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 07:47:21 -0500, the inscrutable Tom Watson spake:

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In the spirit of the lyrics to, "Careful With That Axe, Eugene", :

"... ... ... "

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Which one is Pink? max

Reply to
max

I have to say that Wish you Were Here is my favorite Floyd album. Anyone else have favorites? max

Reply to
max

max wrote in news:BE4CF794.4A381% snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

And here I was wondering if anyone would get it if I said that I was thinking of naming my newly acquire axe sharpening file "Eugene"

heh heh heh.

Me, I like Animals; Division Bell, WYWH, DSoTM, ... Atom Heart Mother ...

Parts of others, as well ....

Regards,

JT (There is no dark side of the moon really; matter of fact, it's all dark)

Reply to
John Thomas

Just remember to be careful with axe and ask Kenneth what the frequency is. (Still trying to figure out what the Pict is saying!) Later, Beej Me, I like 'em all. I am, however, right partial to Meddle and Momentary Lapse of Reason.

Reply to
Beej-in-GA

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 01:27:09 +0000 (UTC), the inscrutable John Thomas spake:

I'm especially fond of "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave Gooving with a Pict" myself.

"Ka ka hoom bah, wheeeeeeee eeee"

========================================================== Save the |||

Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming ==========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I am pretty much into all things Floyd. Maybe over the top even. I got into them big time with DSOTM & have ended up buying about 8 or 9 different iterations of that album plus the CD versions. Ran out of copies to buy so got the album cover tattooed on my leg. I think you have to take Floyd as Floyd, and then after the split you have the "Gilmour Floyd" and Waters. Two different styles and you either like it or not. I like both myself, and listen to both probably equally. As far as a favourite album goes, there probably isn't one. What I listen to depends a lot on mood.

P.

Reply to
Paul in MN

Clapton - unplugged for neandering, plugged in for everything else EXCEPT shop clean up. Then it's Texas Tornados.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Almost every green woodworker in the UK is an old hippie Of A Certain Age.

They've _all_ named their bloody axes "Eugene", and act surprised when someone else did it too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Tell me about it.

Zak can rip it, though!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Yes, Wish You Were Here is up there, and other than the obvious DSotM, I've been gettin back into "Obsured by clouds". Nothing after The Wall does a whole lot for me, though.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I have an old album of theirs called "Relics" that I bought in the cut-out bin about 30 years ago. It is basically their music before they went all electronic. Not a bad listen.

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall

Hi Paul, Not to pick Nits, but there is a third iteration of the band. First really, when Syd Barrett was with the band. (Barrett, Waters, Mason, and Wright-Floyd?) Got to thinking about this the other day at work. Funny how things work isn't it? (OWWR) My turn table (Technics SL-B2 sits on a wooden table top over my amp (Kenwood KR6400) beside the CD changer (Pioneer PD-M550). Later, Beej

Reply to
Beej-in-GA

Ozzie Nelson band, summer tour 1936, with Harriet Hilliard. Sweet. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Wow, how could I have missed this thread? I caught that one bit you've quoted above, and I was getting ready to fire up a reply to point out the same thing you did in the message I was already reading. :)

I agree with the OP that you either like post-Waters Floyd or you don't, but I don't. Never have been able to get into it at all.

I've been thinking about Floyd a lot ever since I heard the "new" song by some band named Korn. Every time I hear the DJ announce it that way, I want to call the radio station and remind them that Pink Floyd recorded more songs than Money, Wish You Were Here, and Comfortably Numb, including that "new" one those young upstarts are covering.

They at least did it justice though, and I heard an interview with one of the band dudes talking about how they had put it together to try to be respectful of the original, yet with a Korn-ish feel. I'd say they pulled it off pretty well. It's listenable, and I don't normally listen to Korn, or their style of music. Hell, I might even say Korn did that synthesis of mostly Another Brick in the Wall better than Faux Floyd does.

And my OWWR, I have a hybrid of the best of DSOTM with all of WYWH that stays in my shop CD player. I haven't switched discs in years.

Reply to
Silvan

Never released on CD though, I don't think.

Reply to
Silvan

You are right... Badness on my part there to forget Syd. I think that Syd partly made Waters the dark side of Floyd, and may have influenced his 'mood' on a lot of his later albums.

Paul

Reply to
Paul in MN

You could be right, Paul, but, if I recall correctly, wasn't it Gilmour who wrote "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"? This is supposed to be the bands homage (if you will) to Syd. At least that is the story I have always heard. If you will look at A Saucerful Of Secrets, you will see shared writing credit given to Gilmour on track 5 (The title track). Track 7 Jugband Blues is written by Syd. I may be wrong, but I think this the first time that David shows up with the band. Please don't misunderstand, I am not saying that the band improved or has better songs after any of the changes. I love all of Pink Floyd's music! That's why I am trying to collect the whole catalog. I find very calming sanding while listening to Echoes or Comfortably Numb. In fact, while making the wife's desk nameplate, I was listening to Umma Gumma and Atom Heart Mother. Kind of kooky, but there it is. 8-) Later, Beej

Reply to
Beej-in-GA