Kinda like woodwork, trim and stuff.

1" thick HDU, two coats of Jay Cook primer. 2 coats of OneShot black enamel Sponges and feathers. 2 coats of UV resistant clear.

Sign is 3 pieces. One seam across, one seam vertical. Done with TruMatch (wavy bit) and Gorilla Glue. At 67" x 107" the thing had to be done in sections because my CNC is only 50 x 100

Robatoy

Sprayed?

Ooh, kinky!

Is the face it sits on perfectly flat, or did you use some sort of mechanism to align them?

-- It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctively native American criminal class except Congress. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
-MIKE-

------------------------------ GORILLA GLUE?

Damn you are gutsy.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Very, very nice. You are a true feather master.

Reply to
dadiOH

Which planet are the visitors from?

Reply to
Swingman

Nope. Rolled with a minor scuff in betwixt.

Naa, I didn't use the whole chicken..

1" HDU (18#) is pretty rigid. It is flat on its own. Tapcons along the top and aluminum rail along the bottom. The rest sort hoover on a bed of DAP 50-year silicon.

Thankee.

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Mark Twain

Reply to
Robatoy

Ya kidding? Just picked up a nice job from Holiday Inn to do some golf course signs. A really nice gig. Few restrictions, aside from the obvious, like logo and type-style.

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news:95a327a6-f37a-478b-900c- snipped-for-privacy@v10g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Han

Talked to all kinds of sign people on different forums and nothing works as well as Gorilla glue on HDU. It is essentially the same material. That glue has its place, but I am not sure that woodworking is it. It's sure is yucky to work with. Then, while leveling the seam, the GG sands as nice as the HDU ... and it is waterproof.

Reply to
Robatoy

Thankee, and I had help with the veining. I learned a lot about this particular faux finish..like 'less is more'.

Reply to
Robatoy

Thank you, kind sir.

Who knows around here?... but I think the architect (his basic lay- out) mentioned he had some schooling in Texas.

Reply to
Robatoy

The building probably doesn't yet either. A fresh extension on a medical clinic.

Reply to
Robatoy

BTW, Did you notice one of the potlights is directly on a seam? Clever or what. Idiots.....

Reply to
Robatoy

But it should have been 418. ;~(

Reply to
Leon

Yep ... but par for the course. First rule of a subcontractor is to always place the worst board, tile, ugliest piece, seam at the entrance! A stick of #3 always ends up on the threshold.

Reply to
Swingman

Don't laugh.... well yea, do laugh. A local sign painter had two yacht transoms to paint. Elaborate lettering. Worked away the best part of two weeks, gold leaf etc. Then came the season and the yachts were taken out of this storage hangar and placed in their respective births. Right names, right slips, wrong boats. Good thing there were only two yachts in that section. He also discovered that working in a heated tent on a scaffold, shielded from the bad weather, with custom lighting is a whole lot easier than bobbing on a raft in spring weather. Hey, I laughed, but it is sooo hard not to needle the guy when I run into him at the pub.

Reply to
Robatoy

Huh? Aren't those typical Canadans, from Lower Canadia, Earth?

-- It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctively native American criminal class except Congress. -- Mark Twain

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Kind of hard to make the potlights look uniform considering the underside beadboard isn't uniformly placed.

Reply to
Upscale

That's sortakinda the gist of the problem. Few trades ever think of those who are to follow them.

Reply to
Robatoy