kickback and technique

That's what I was thinking...

Wouldn't a mitre saw be the best thing for something like this? Especially for safety?

--

-Jim ©¿©¬

Reply to
jtpr

As someone has said, it is the little jobs that we should think about most - when the job is too small to make a jig or get the "other" push stick and so on. If you have two minutes to do a two minute job then go get a drink of water instead.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

The standard rule for contracting services it to get three quotes. Obviously you neglected to do that and were raked over the proverbial coals. You may have gotten a better price across town. Waiting for the off hours may have gotten you a better rate too. Not to mention coupons!

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

amen to that brother...it is only a matter of time that one will get hurt ripping on a radial arm saw.......ripping on a radial arm saw is

1945 technology and is so far out of date today in safety and just plain common sense. If one must rip on a radial arm, please be careful and use every safety device known....... Mike from American Sycamore
Reply to
Mike at American Sycamore

Got a router table? If so, try a 45 degee chammfering bit. It would be preferable to have a zero clearance insert fence - a chamfering bit for 3/4" stock has a moderately large diameter. There are all kinds of jigs and things for holding small parts for routing on a router table.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

PLEASE - DON'T TRY MAKING THIS CUT ON AN SCMS.

3 1/2" 4 1/2" +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | / /
Reply to
charlie b

It sounds like you have some stories to tell. Please share.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Hard to get mulitple quotes when there is only 2 ERs in town, and NEITHER give "quotes"

Frankly, I was NOT surprised, having worked in the health care industry for many years, thank heavens for health insurance, and I really feel bad for folks who get stuck with that $1000+ bill for about 5minutes worth of debriding and 4 stitches put in by a nurse Never saw a MD, never was evaluated by a ER doc, but I DID get bill from the ER doc, probably for "supervising" the nurse

Of course, they xray'd, and it took them 4+ hrs to get to me after I checked into the ER - but I wasn't bleeding to death and obviously was LOW on the triage list

John

Reply to
John

You paid for yourself and the uninsured that brought their child into the ER because he has the sniffles. Hospitals incur a terrible waste of recources on that stuff.

Three years ago my wife got ill while we were on vacation. Had to take her to the first ER I could find (Those blue H signs are really a big help). Walked in, a nurse brought her a wheel chair, took her heart rate (190) and took her to a treatment room while the staff was gathering around. No stopping at the desk. They began treating her and did not even know her name, insurance, etc. It made up for all the horror stories you hear but the people that were already waiting probably did not think it was so great.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

One of the great truths of our healthcare system is this - you only see your own doctor when you're healthy. Can't get an appointment - emergency department. We have a couple of "walk-in-clinics" here now where you can see a doctor when sick, but without the ED rates. Next level - Trauma center - takes more money still.

Reply to
George

In case no one else has mentioned this in reply, you might consider thie GRR-RIpper.

(Others MAY have better prices.) While I get a bit nervous cutting any small pieces, I've used it with considered success. (Success w/ wood, BTW; it did not well grip plastic.) -- Igor

Reply to
igor

Speaking from experience, how fast you get treated in an emergency room is largely determined by how much danger the staff believes you are in. When my heart acted up five years ago I walked into the emergency room and up to the admitting desk.

"What is your problem?" Asked the nurse. "Hypochondria I hope!" I replied fervently. She took one look at me and they had me back in the room with a BP cuff on. Inside of five minutes I was on nitro, oxygen and hooked up to a heart monitor.

About ten days later I left the hospital the proud owner of a brand-new quintuple cardiac bypass. I found out sometime later they had told my wife they were afraid I wasn't going to make it through that first night.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

We have a couple of "Urgent Care Centers" in town. They aren't 24/7, but they do provide a good level of treatment that is between "The Doctor can see you next Tuesday at 2:15" and the triage nurse in the hospital ER. I have been in 3 different ERs with chest pains over the years - it is truly amazing how fast they move when you say you think you might be having a heart attack. All 3 ER doctors told me that I should head straight for the emergency room at the first sign of chest pain and call 911 if it seemed at all severe. Being overweight and sedentary puts me right into that high risk group.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

You bet. Denial takes a lot of lives. Of course, we men are the worst offenders, but I see more and more women, who do not necessarily have the "classic" symptoms delaying until I lay out tube and defib and tell the partner to speed up.

All 3 ER doctors told me that I

Reply to
George

Quintuple! Wow! Glad you came out of it OK.

My father had an ER visit that began similarly, a few years ago. He came into the ER with a gray complexion, perspiring profusely, dizzy, and nauseated. He said that within a minute, they had him on a table, stripped to the waist, with an EKG attached. And then everybody calmed down when they saw there was nothing wrong with his heart. He left a few days later with a diagnosis of inner-ear infection, and prescriptions for potent antibiotics and sedatives. It was _six_months_ before the doctors cleared him to drive again.

Anybody who thinks that sight is the most important of the senses is forgetting about balance.

Doug Miller

Agreed - happened to me twice. Stumbled into an out-of-town ER with my first Kidney Stone, and the attending doc had had them Tossed me Demerol before the first paper was signed.

Popped into an ER Clinic last year. Nurse said "What's up."

I said, "I damned sorry to say what I'm about to say - but I have a pain in my chest."

Whooooosh! I think they ran over a few other poor souls rushing me back and onto an EKG.

Triage.

Reply to
patrick conroy

Thanks Doug.

Since heart disease runs in my family I had been alert for the signs for years. I didn't feel all that badly, but when the feeling started radiating down by left arm, I decided to go in.

Moral: Don't ignore the warning signs even if they don't lay you out with pain.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

I had the other end of that a couple of years ago. All it was was minor shooting pains in my left arm, but I had to fend off the EKG trolley with a pointy stick (RSI and tendonitis). And _of_course_ my chest hurt - I cycle off-road and my intercostal ligaments had been arguing with a tree just a few days earlier.

Mind you, if I'd been hospitalised in this town, I'd probably have been dead from MRSA by now. Terrible places hospitals - full of sick people and med students.

Reply to
Andy Dingley