Is there a way to set the x-axis on my Dewalt?

Uh, giving away my early life as a mathematician. I'm one of those people who, when asked to think of a number between one and ten, thinks of something like "square root of 11".

Okay ... anyway, the hole in my Dewalt DW788 table top is a small teardrop shape. The table screws onto the base nice and rigidly.

The blade, when connected and tightened in, is nice and vertical. So far, so good.

BUT ... the x-axis (left to right) is not centered. That is, if you are directly in front of the saw and you look at the blade going through the hole, it is off to the right. Now, if it were just a tad to the right of the center, I wouldn't give it much thought. But it's more than a tad (what IS a tad anyway?).

The blade is almost all the way to the right side of the table hole. It's okay as it is for level work, but I think that tilting the table to the left would pose a problem.

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted? Or do I need to go through Dewalt technical support (groan).

Thanks!

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

I checked on mine and there's a little wiggle room if I loosen the screws. Not enough to move it half of the width of the hole, but some. There shouldn't be a problem with tilting the table if you have a reasonable amount of clearance, the pivot point is directly in line with the blade and you generally aren't angling a scroll saw very much. You may want to check the table for flatness while you are at it and maybe get them to send you a new one. Mine is a little high in the middle, which isn't a problem, but if it's low it is.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

DOH! You mentioned the screws and so I looked ... and yep, had it pushed all the way to one side. Wasn't able to move it a lot, but it did move back some, so it's pretty good now.

Guess I should go back to drinking caffeine, eh?

Thanks!

Jack

Leuf wrote:

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

Reply to
nailshooter41

In article , at) PLUGcomcast.net" Does anyone know if this can be adjusted?

Adjusting screws below the table, as others have pointed out.

Note: most blades are at least "somewhat" off-center towards the 'direction of tilt' side of the table opening. i.e., towards the right for a right- tilt saw.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I don't know what a 3/4" dado *scroll saw* blade would look like, but I'd like to see it ;) To be fair I guess the OP only gave the model number...

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Web Link

on the left hand side look for DeWalt Tune Up Long article(s) on general tune ups for DeWalt

BTW, spend a few minutes looking over his notes on blades, blade tension, and Blade Choices.

Phil

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news:YfqdnZ1JkpTjk4vZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Phil-in-MI

A tad is equal to 4 smidgens.... everybody knows that!

Reply to
Robatoy

Hmmmmm... guess that's why I've always been off by a bit. I always thought a tad was a coupla smidgens. 'Bout the only one I can ever really keep straight is an RCH.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

A popular OS uses the "jiffy" as a unit of time.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

N.B. The jiffy is an _officially_recognized_ and defined unit of measurement.

While we're at such silliness:

rate-of-change of acceleration is 'jerk'. rate-of-change of jerk is 'snap'. rate-of-change of 'snap' is 'crackle'. rate-of-change of 'crackle' is 'pop'.

There is *no*truth* to the rumor that the next two derivatives are: 'Rice', 'Crispies'

And, as everybody knows, a tortoise travelling at the speed of sound is:

wait for it

one Mach turtle

*groan*
Reply to