Is there a finish that doesn't change wood color?

LOL!

Reply to
Noons

On Mon, 17 May 2004 06:49:29 -0400, "George" posted:

Ray, Me, Far, So, ....

Nothing at all, but "imparting some of their own characteristics to the light returned to your eye" is what "changing the colour" can be. Dying something is just that.

Reply to
Sandy

Bring a scrap or two to a good hardware/paint store and tell them what you're looking for. They should be able to apply samples of what they have for you. If you're not happy with anything repeat at another store.

HTH, Jeffo

Reply to
Jeffo

Perhaps you don't have any unfinished walnut sitting around. It gets lighter. A fellow showed me a walnut table he had left unfinished for exaclty that reason and it was a beautiful amber color.

My experience with the MinWax Polycrylic is that it is very clear.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

I'm pretty sure he was just interested in what a finish would _look_ like. To the eye. Get it?

--

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

I don't have any walnut. Change "all" to "many". Everything I have gets darker. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There is a white shellac that is sold as small spheres, IIRC white was the name. Jeff Jewitt carries it. Assertedly non-coloring, again IIRC.

Reply to
Bobnospam1