Fine Woodworking Articles are now "purchase only"

For proof just turn on the radio. Half of the stations are playing oldies recorded in 8 track studios.

Reply to
Hax Planx

Hax Planx wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newsgroups.comcast.net:

I suspect that we prefer the music of our youth, by and large.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Could be I just have bad mp3's, then- or maybe the cds I burned them to are wearing out. I just know that in the car, I get some really irriating buzzing in the treble ranges when I play mp3s, but that buzzing is not there with commerical cds. Off the computer and through the surround sound, it's not quite as noticable, but it's still there.

As far as the quality goes, I have no idea what is passing for pop music these days- I mainly listen to jazz and jump blues from smaller labels, and they really do seem to care about the quality of the product. I like to think the artists are getting a decent cut from those smaller labels too, though that may just be naive.

Reply to
Prometheus

We did a test a few years ago- same recording (classical) on CD and LP, on the same higher end, but not the ultra high end mega $ stuff, in the same room (fairly large, open 2 story space). I could hear the difference between the 2, and yes, the LP was better.

Didn't matter so much with the rock and roll selections.

Renata

-snip-

Reply to
Renata