Counter top

Duh, I yum getting a HAMMAR, LEE!

Reply to
Robatoy

With all that ability and knowledge, you couldn't figure out something as simple as what substrate to use?

I know what I can use, I was just looking for other opionions, but after all the valuable information you guys have provided, think I will just sell all my tools on a rumage sale this weekeend, and hire a professional to do everything I need done around the house! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Maybe you can arrange to do this without whining and complaining incessantly on this forum.

PULEEEEZE.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I am a little puzzled myself why you didn't just web search for an answer and have it instantly.

And for the record smartass, you didn't announce you had slapped plastic until a day later, well after your first two posts.

No one here knew we were dealing with such an experienced talent. After all, since you apparently post as much as 10 -12 times a year here, it seems incredible we didn't know your name when you posted. THEN we would have known the talent we were responding to in our posts.

As it was, I thought you were a serious homeowner type that was looking for some help. You could have done all here that tried to help a bit by showing your smarmy attitude up front; it is a give away as to the type of person you are when you think ANYONE owes you the time of day, much less any respect.

I honestly think the folks here responded to your seeming innocent question the best way they knew how, not knowing your self proclaimed level of expertise.

Had I but recognized the name, I would have replied: DAGS

That would have been the end of it. Next time I will.

And really, I don't think any cares what you do; call someone, do it yourself, set yourself on fire, eat shit and die, it's all the same.

I still haven't figured out how Rob in Canada, Lew in California, Lee in Texas, Ed up northeast way and all the other contributors would benefit from you hiring someone to do your work. Do you think we have some kind of secret referral net? I wish.

Wow. Now that could be a great solution. If that means you will quit coming around here (since you will have no tools to try to learn how to use) over and over to taunt folks, troll for responses and to make an ass out of yourself, I think that is great.

Sell them all!

Go away!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

[...]

Thanks for the help! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:35:07 -0600, the infamous "Max" scrawled the following:

And I wouldn't even consider tile for most uses. It's ice cold on the hands, so it's uncomfortable to rest against while waiting for the coffee to get done or the microway to tick off seconds. It also actively reaches out to each and every glass and brittle plastic item int he kitchen, vying for little pieces of each to be strewn around the entire area. It's noisy and it can chip when we set tools on it, too.

Tile? Solid surface? Pass. ;)

-- Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Where do you live? ;-)

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

----------------------------------------- Maybe Goodwill will accept your equipment, but then again, maybe not.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Don't get your hopes up, Lew. This collection of tools won't be headed to the good will bin! You will have to do your tool shopping elsewhere! I have heard Kmart has some nice tools! ;-) Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Lew ihas already spoken for all my Kmart tools, the rest I will hang onto! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

After hearing from the "pros" here how persnickety, fragile, and flammable solid surface was, I lost all interest in it. And in them. Their real issue seems to be that they seem to think that they are obligated to provide warranty service on a product someone else installed with no expectation of a warranty.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Hmm. Would a thin layer of foam suffice?

Max (I'd rather break dishes than chip countertops) ps: what's a "microway"?

Reply to
Max

You can laugh if you want to but I have considered the economics and with my propensity to collect tools the financial wisdom says to sell the tools.

Max (ain't gonna happen)

Reply to
Max

What exactly does your speaking voice sound like given that you end every sentence with an exclamation point?

Reply to
Steve Turner

Tile is colder or harder than granite or concrete? IMO, tile is great but grout is not, so no tile countertops for us.

Reply to
krw

Exactly, I hate linoleum, we did our kitchen about ten years ago. Granite counter, and about 4" of backsplash, tile from there up to the cabinets, looks great, easy to clean, and no stains yet.

Granite was installed by a pro including sink cutout, they had a template came with the new sink we purchesed, I did the sink install and tile backsplash.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Tile, especially grout, sucks.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

------------------------------------------------------ If your woodworking skills are on a par with your reading compression skill set, your tools needs can be adequately met by shopping at the

99 cent store.

No need to insult K-Mart or GoodWill.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Is it the grout lines? They get dirty? I use either a contrasting color (in the case of light colored tile) or a dark color with dark tile.

*And* I seal the grout with (silicone sensitive, hide your eyes) silicone. Works for me.

Max

Reply to
Max

------------------------------------ They get dirty, they crack, they are a total PITA.

Ripped out all the tile in my last house.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett