Can a shop have too much lighting?

As in Jabberwocky, mate? Or merely Waltzing Matilda

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

As in Mulga Bill, another of Paterson's fare:

think we'll have to admit defeat if you trundle ebonics into the fray though.

Reply to
Greg Millen

Yep. I remember that. Strange how many things will kill the modern person. We were tougher back then:)

Reply to
CW

I was raised in the sign business... I remember my dad's helper cutting his finger on a piece of broken neon and being treated for mercury poisoning... it wasn't pretty and gave me a lot of respect/fear of breaking any kinda glass tubes..

Reply to
mac davis

well, at least you keep your sense of humour about it...

Reply to
mac davis

Why not have all the light you can afford, want, and pay for. Were only going this way once....Dan

Reply to
Dan Jefferson

I really want to find somebody that speaks fluent jabberwocky. Not the (in)famous poem, but the Aussie rhyming slang.

Obviously, you're not familiar with the dialectizer.

Use several of the translations in series -- e.g. a "jive-speaking Cockney Swedish Chef" -- and things get *incredibly* obfuscated.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Yeah, but it only makes sense to think ahead. Once fer us, but the kids and grandkids are coming on...otta leave um sumpun.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Cullimore

On 17 Oct 2004 21:46:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gte.net (Dan Cullimore) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Why? No bastard ever did it for you! Look at the mess we are headed into already! Except Ralph Nader and his ilk, and see what most people think of _them_.

***************************************************** Have you noticed that people always run from what they _need_ toward what they want?????
Reply to
Old Nick

It's all going to run out eventually. Alternatives exist, when they become cost-effective (i.e. the price of what we use now goes high enough) they'll be used. There's a lot of technology that sits on the shelf because the greenies have us too chicken to use it. When we're freezing to death in the dark see how long it takes to tell the greenies to either light us a fire or go pound sand.

Reply to
J. Clarke

You know you can sing Ave Maria to the tune of Waltzing Matilda?

Reply to
U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles

On 17 Oct 2004 21:46:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gte.net (Dan Cullimore) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Few less kids and grandkids, and we would all have a lot less to worry about....

***************************************************** Have you noticed that people always run from what they _need_ toward what they want?????
Reply to
Old Nick

My taste in music isn't quite _that_ catholic.

Now, "Harvey and Sheila", on the other hand....

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Mine are hard mounted to the ceiling joists.

Gary

Reply to
Gary

I should teach the the words). I can't stand it. Every time I go into my shop I have to turn on a radio or the tv to drown out that gawd-awful sound.

Reply to
Gary

A lot of us speak "strine", one of the most active would be Phil Laird. What were you hoping to learn?

cheers,

Greg

Reply to
Greg Millen