Biscuit joiner problems

Wow, with over 3/4" to plane and/or sand down, I guess you really don't have to worry about lining up the board surfaces...

Reply to
Larry W

-------------------------------------- "Larry W" wrote:

----------------------------------------------- OK, I give up.

Where did the above come from?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

13/16"?

Reply to
chaniarts

I think he just left out a comma:

I surface my table stock 13/16", proud (by 1/16" or so) and don't sweat trying to line...

Reply to
Bill

Lew Hodgett wrote:

------------------------------------------------ "chaniarts" wrote:

-------------------------------------- Would you prefer 0.8125"?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Why would you not sweat trying to (or actually) lining up?

Reply to
Michael

------------------------------------------------------- Running the assembled piece thru a drum sander as the final machining operation eliminates all the material thickness and assembly variations in one step.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

We have 3 dewalt units and one of them has been this way since for ever. I don't see any way to adjust it. Junk!

Reply to
drew

Precision is the reason that I use a slot cutter and a router table. With the piece flat on the table when the slot is cut, gives far better precision that a biscuit.

If you do the proper setup you can get precision and speed on the table.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle