Biscuit Joiner Problem

"Leon" wrote

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, yes ... the cry of frustrated testosterone being overwhelmed by the logic of estrogen. We know it well! :)

Reply to
Swingman

Let me change that last sentence.

The more things you can do with out measuring, the less mistakes you will make.

Reply to
Leon

"Swingman" wrote

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That we do.

My favorite is the which restaurant do we eat at routine. I go, "Where do you want to eat honey?" She sez, "Oh, anywhere is fine with me." I go, 'OK, we will eat at the __________ ." She goes, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!......., we can't eat there!!!!"

Feminine logic at its best.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a card carrying coonass, I'll eat just about anything, so I just let her decide ... of course, and once the menu is presented, it has to be properly scrutinized for substitutions, and lengthy negotiations commenced with the wait staff, because there is obviously no way in hell you can just simply accept what is on the damn menu, eh?

There was a story in the news this morning about a hermit in the piney woods of East Texas. I've begun to understand the appeal ....

Reply to
Swingman

I agree Doug - All that is needed is for him to cut a slot, flip the board and cut the same slot. Is it the same slot or requires a thick biscuit.

Mart> >> 3/4" isn't made any more. Measure it! It isn't 3/4" anymore.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

You do know that pretty much everybody except you guys in the US has been measuring things in metric for a Very Long Time... Right?

So... if you a) import or b) export you're pretty much required to use metric even if you pretend otherwise domestically... Right?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

IIRC the 3/4" plywood is actually 23/32", that is very close to 18 mm, about

1/64" over. I have at least bought MDF on 3 different occasions where I still a piece laying around over the past 8 or so years. The MDF consistently measures out at. 97/128", that is actually wider than 3/4" and that does not convert evenly to metric.
Reply to
Leon

I wonder why. That's a very odd number.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I was OK with most of your rules, but I disagree with the one below.

Yes... it's true that if the stock is slightly different thickness, using a flat table top as a reference edge "might" cause a problem, but using the fence on the jointer is also problematic.

Most folks will not hold the fence perfectly flat on the surface of the material that is being cut.

I think you are better off using the table saw top and fence as your work surface.

Assuming the pieces are "slightly" different thickness, put the "good" side face down and make your cuts.

This will insure that the finished version is going to match up a lot closer to flush.

The PC 557 has a "adjustable" fence and I suspect that you can very easily NOT get in back to the correct 90 degree angle, which would cause another whole set of problems.

Your mileage may vary.....

Le> Rules to follow.

Reply to
Pat Barber

Dries out to 96/128

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I don't think do. Some of the MDF is a couple of months old, some is 7+ years old, and some is in between.

Reply to
Leon

3

Isn't it! What I find odd is that over a 7 or so year span it is all exactly the same thickness.

But then it does come in 49 x97 inch sheets. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Could have swelled from moisture, but I doubt they'd all swell at the same rate.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski