Bent Laminations

Alex, I don't think that applies to furniture making. Structural materials, subject to significant pressures and/or vibration and large temperature fluctuations, maybe. If you are making a glue lamination beam (GLB), that may have to hold during a fire, then I'd worry about that type of creep.

Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

Teamcasa wrote: :> :What is creep in an adhesive bond? :> :Creep or cold-flow in an adhesive bond is the deformation of :> :the bond line under a stress or load over a period of time :>

: Alex, I don't think that applies to furniture making. Structural materials, : subject to significant pressures and/or vibration and large temperature : fluctuations, maybe. If you are making a glue lamination beam (GLB), that : may have to hold during a fire, then I'd worry about that type of creep.

The most common sense of "glue creep" in woodworking is pretty much Alex's, but perhaps with 'time' replacing 'load'. Concretely, it's the phenomenon of having two pieces glued together become non-flush with one another at the glue line. Most common with white and yellow glues.

- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss