workshop

Hi All,

Someone on here a long while ago (Might have been John Rumm???) posted pictures of the stages of their workshop build. The workshop was a nice affair built in the back garden. Could whoever posted this (John??) post the link again as I would like to take another look at it due to someone I know undertaking such a task in the near future!

Thanks

Gerry

Reply to
Cuprager

Google is your friend

VisionSet

Good man, i did a google but didnt come up with the goods

Cheers :-)

Reply to
Cuprager

The workshop looks great John! Do you have any further pics of the completed beastie?

Gerry

Reply to
Cuprager

Just had a look, and ere, no not really. There is this one was taken a couple of years later:

still looks much the same now, but a tad lighter (could probably use a quick respray!)

Inside is a different storey - it is now officially *full* ;-) I added another workbench at the back - built this one about 10cm taller and it carries a engineers vice and a pillar drill on top and has shelves under to take the router table and table saw when not in use. To the right a did floor to ceiling deep shelves for boxed / cased tools and bags. Some plastic drawers under the workbench in the pictures for all the normal workshop niff naff. Space to the underside left of the main bench takes shop vac, cyclone[1], compressor etc. Then lots of london shelf brackets bent up as hooks for all the other stuff like workmates, work lights, roller stands etc. Then there are a few conventional shelves for things like glue, screw, extension leads, cable reels and so on.

[1]
John Rumm

The message from Cuprager contains these words:

Looks rather flimsy (insert suitable smiley here).

What you want's a shed like this - fully huffypuffywolf proof.

Guy King

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

I like your cyclone idea... any other good reads on your website john?? (DIY related obviously!)

Reply to
Cuprager

No, its just closer! (the end of the gardens are actually at quite a sharp angle - so half the length of my building is actually behind their back fence). IIRC the one next door is about 10 x 8, my one is 14 -> 10 x 8 (i.e. its deeper on the left than the right)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup handy things to make. I have supplimented that with a SIP 1hp twin bag chip collector as well though, since I needed something with loads of airflow and a 4" hose for use with the thicknesser. Not really my idea though, I pinched it from one of Andy Dingley's sites!

Not much else to offer... the loft conversion one which you have probably seen:

fireplace "Bra" (influenced by a room layout change that required getting lots of cables past the hearth, and a desire to obscure the edge of the stone hearth and make it a little more toddler friendly):

are a few relevant things that tie into some postings in the past here in the /temp directory but nothing much of interest.

I might do a block paving / hard landscaping project page for what I did round at my mum's place recently, but I don't have that many before and during photos to make it that interesting.

Reply to
John Rumm

You should have seen the comercial stuff I rejected! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

The message from John Rumm contains these words:

That's the rather-too-solid me. It's my brother's shed. Personally I reckon he builds things a bit too lightly for my tastes. Our climbing frame, for example, can take me swinging and bouncing on any part of it. The joys of a welder and plenty of steel.

Reply to
Guy King