Work trouser. Not.

Liddle are selling work trousers. They are snug fitting as non work trousers. Ie if clambering up a ladder and weaving through lofts and ets, you will be exposing as much bum as ever as they stick to your sweaty legs and get pulled by your knees.

They seem OK though if you can be bothered with fly buttons. Get the size up from the one you think is indicated. Where can I get a pair of cheap hardwaring, well pocketed work trousers?

I get the impression someone found the key to a warehouse full of stuff left over from the bad old days in the east.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Nahh, get some budget jeans from Tesco, £3.00 can't be beaten at that price. Almost not worth washing

Rick... (The other Rick)

Reply to
Rick

Military surplus store.

//J

Reply to
Jan Larsen

Makro have some on offer.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Try Screwfix - 11.99 a pair - vey hardwearing but legs shrink by 1 or 2 inches after a few washes and waist size is not very generous - buy bigger than you think

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

"Rick" wrote

I tried them but didn't like them, I prefer Primark's, they have a bit more ballroom.

HLAH

The message from "HLAH" contains these words:

Unlike Marx and Engels underpants, which some years ago where decidedly Crystal Palace.

Reply to
Guy King

I am a man, not a boy. Besides, the buttons on them tend to come open unless you close the buttonholes or replace the buttons.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

after a few

They sound like the same things. I wonder if mine will end up in a charity shop when I wash them.

I have Tesco jeans and again they are not working trousers and they are not warm weather kit too neither.

Decent working trousers will not cramp your movements, will take a phone, wallet, tape and even a notebook without chafing your legs.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Meant to add that Matalan have cargo pants for about £8 a pair which aren't too bad.

One thing worth its weight is to have knee pad pockets to take those lightweight pads. I know you can always wear knee pads for certain jobs, but I leave mine in all the time - its surprising how often you do actually kneel down.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

Do they still insist on having your name and address before flogging you anything?

Reply to
Guy King

I got a pair of Dickies!

wearing and brilliant knee pads (removeable). Knee pads replaceable with bits of old Karrimat etc.

cheers Jacob

Reply to
normanwisdom

They do. What a great scam, they build the most accurate customer database possible - and the customers fund it! Brilliant!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

That'll be why I've never bought anything from there, then.

Reply to
Guy King

Hardly the most accurate possible - I get Matalan mailshots for the downstairs neighbours who moved away years ago.

The Matalan merchandise does appear decidedly chav.

Owain

Reply to
Owain