Worcester (Bosch) Greenstar HE Combi Boiler question

And try finding the cowboy plumber who is far more likely to be responsible for this sort of scenario than a DIYer working in his own home?
The point is that few would touch gas in their own *home* unless they thought themselves to be competent. But cowboys do anything for money.
--
*You! Off my planet!

No. As long as you are "competent". In rented property the matter may be different. A corgi man has to inspect every rented [property each year. Not sure about council places.
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:21:57 +0100, Doctor Evil wrote:

They count as rented just the same, and the Landlord (the LA) has the same duties. They usually farm this out to large firm of plumbers whose staff will vary from the best to less so.

premises
I know what you mean. This one should be locked up.
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:34:55 +0000, nemo wrote:

Things have moved on a little since then. See my FAQ.

have
It has a higher flowrate and he desires a higher flow. It is obvious you couldn't figure this out, so please leave me in your killfile as you don't deserve to read wisdom.

Still better than when I was a kid in Sandwich Street Kings Cross. We had a tin bath hanging in the back yard which came indoors about once a month. My parents then put the kettle and all the saucepans we had on the kitchen range, stoked it up, and we all took turns in the same water!! Fortunately, I always got first go!
How standards change. If anyone had said in those days that in 40 odd years time advertisers would have managed to con and shame men into wearing perfume by calling it after shave and deodorant, they'd have been laughed out of court!
Nemo

You'll be telling us next; that you remember when only sailors had tattoos and only girls wore earrings!
--

Brian

flowrate
had
laughed
I didn't know any sailors, ducky, but I do understand from the ghost of the highly steamed Mr. Spike Milligan, that nowadays they have Government Health Warnings printed on the tails of their shirts. It's more humane than tattooing it in the operative location!
And I do remember that the only fast food chains we had were Lyons, based on the NAAFI, or as we called them, Lyonziz - beans on toast and a cuppa tea for a shillin (5p)! - and Black and While Milk Bars. Art Deco and full of spotty teenagers before they were even called that.
And don't forget steaming gins, trams, trolleybuses, getting engulfed in steam from goods trains when standing on the gratings in the middle of Euston Road, blood and custard BR Scammel artics, small 3-wheeled Scammel vans - there were hundreds of those about - bicycles with small engines inside the back wheel or atop the front, listening to The Goon Show on the Home Service on a Ferguson valve wireless on top of the meat-safe in the kitchen, British motorbikes that sounded like motorbikes instead of sewing machines, . . . . . the end is listless!

month.
kitchen
tattoos
the
Health
on
That all sounds very sad.

combi.
should
We
odd
wearing
based
tea
of
Scammel
the
sewing
Narr. It was luverleee. Virtually no muggings. No gun culture. No drug culture. No pushers shooting each other in front of little kids. Kids behaved themselves. Music was for everyone in those days too - popular, light and classical - not just nasty aggressive music for nasty aggressive youngsters to identify with and suffer permanent hearing-loss from (It's true.) - and female vocalists all sounding the same and singing like there're spiny cacti soaked in Tabasco Sauce up their arses!
And yes, we said "there are'" and "there're" in those days too - not just "there's" for singular *and* plural. I wonder where that originated, too rass clart! :o) - and we knew where apostrophes went in those days and why!!
And there was virtually no peer pressure! You did as you liked. The worse I got was "Why don't you have a quiff in your hair?" - and that only once. (It's still back-combed and has been in a pony-tail for years. Sod fashion. It keeps it out of the way and saves a fortune on haircuts!)
And there were creative hobbies too. Nowadays, would a working-class youngster dare to tell his/her peers that s/he has a railway layout s/he's built himself, s/he's into electronics, plays the violin or that s/he paints?
There's so much equality about these days that I'm supposed to say "his/her" but so little respect for the different things people choose to do in their spare time.
Nowadays, the poor little buggers get beaten up just for wearing the wrong trainers for heaven's sake, and that's at a time when large numbers of them are obese precisely because they don;t train! And in my day the fore-runners (pun) of trainers were a purely utilitarian gym-shoe called a Plimsoll, invented by the same guy who came up with the line on ships which shows how low in the water they are. He got freeboard and lodging for that idea. (pun.)
There were downsides too of course. Medicine was much more primitive. I've had a few things go wrong in the last few years which might well have killed me in the 50s.
Beer was only a % or two alcohol if you were lucky and Real Ale was unheard of and cider was a joke! The price of a bottle of wine was extortionate and if you drunk it you were considered a poof!
There were the London smogs of course, when people died. Coal fires were nice and cosy but totally buggered the environment in those days. There was no Health and Safety at Work Act so bosses could put workers into all sorts of danger and just fire them if they protested or when they were injured or became ill. And there were no food labelling regulations. You just didn't know what you were eating. I've been Vegan since around 1968 and couldn't have done without those.

You weren't around at the start of rock and roll, then?
--
*Virtual reality is its own reward *

but
Agreed. I've just had my first bill since it was installed and it's 1/3 down - and, because it's more convenient now, I've been using a lot more hot water than before.
The model number is ZWB 7-25. At least I think that's it. There are some other numbers but the label is partially obscured.
I've measured the flow and it's a bit over 2 litres per minute.
It's not hugely important because the pressure backs up enough to give a good blast from the shower, and I prefer not to get into the bath fully after slipping and rupturing my spleen a couple of years ago! I have a nice shower seat that Social Services gave me so that I don't do a repeat performance!
Another thing. At first, we were shown taps with dome-shaped thermostatic control units for the shower. Another thing we didn't actually get. I've not been able to spot anything similar on the web. Does anyone know what model these might be and the manufacturer. The taps they've given us are turn from off to full on and a bit difficult to set and I wouldn't mind splashing out (pun intended) on one of these controllers myself.
Nemo
As I said, the thing was dome-shaped, and had a slider along the front edge to regulate the temperature.

Is this the flow at the bath hot tap? In which case you have a fault. The boiler in question can supply many times that figure. I don't know which model you have (it should be something like HE30, or HE35 Plus), but they should all be capable of around 10 litres per minute or more at around 40C (45C in summer).
Christian.
Thanks. I'll forward this to the Council's Idiot-In-Charge!

Combi's
you
hot
Are you sure its is 2 litres./min? That is a dribble.

It's a combi. ;-)
--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

Well spotted 10/10. Yes it is a combi. Duh.
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:12:41 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

You obviously lack familiarity - they are not _that_ bad.
The OP may have meant 2 gals/ minute = 9 litre/min which given he says it's hot is fine.

You missed the smiley, Ed. ;-)

His first post complained about the time to fill a bath - so it's reasonable to assume this was his first experience of a combi.
No matter what the prats like Drivel say, in real world conditions, a combi just won't fill a bath as fast as a decent storage system.
--
*Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"