Whizzy round dust thingy

I did it for you. The top 3 results are:

  1. Freestyle frisbee
  2. Dental hygienist's apparatus
  3. Cassette tape problem

Incidentally, one of the charity shops in Edinburgh had a pocket billiards game. I thought that would be a nice gift for someone without a full-size table.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm having trouble imagining this thing. Even if it starts a couple of mm away from the wall what happens when the drill has moved forward that couple of mm? What shoves it further up the drill? If it started the full depth of the hole from the wall it wouldn't catch anything, at least to start with.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hard to explain unless you have seen one. The hole through which the drill goes through is rubber & so 'grips' the bit.

You position the bit & start drilling, the gadget spins. As you put pressure on the drill the gadget slides up the bit as it enters the wall, because it touches the wall.

It starts a few mm away from the wall, but then touches the wall as the bit goes in. Doesnt seem to mark though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman