Which Boiler Advice

How is it that regardless of which type of Forum there is always on

Prat that always enjoys embarassing him/her self!!

Thanks for all of the help everybody

Andy

IMM Wrote:

> -- > Do you have any experience of how > much lag I will receive from this > type of boiler as opposed to a > stored system, especially as I had > intended to locate the boiler on a > gable wall in the loft and the > kitchen is one end of the bungalow > and the bathroom the other!- > > You are going to have two lots of lags. > > If it's a combi with no form of hot > water storage, then you have to > wait for the heat exchanger to warm > up. I'm not certain exactly how > long that takes. > > With either arrangement, you will have > the delay through the pipes. > This is worse with 22mm than 15mm > because there is more water volume. > You can calculate it from the flow rate > and then work out the pipe > lengths, treating them as a cylinder. > (pi x r^2 x length) This can be quite a while..... > > One way round it is to use 15mm for > longer runs as long as you can get > the flow rate you need.- > > Some combi's have a heat exchanger > pre-heat or an integral small storage > vessel to reduce the lag to that of a > normal cylinder with the same length > of hot water draw-off. > > You can install a secondary circulation > pump on combi, to keep the draw-off > pipe hot all the time. > > Fit a secondary circulation loop back > to the combi's inlet with a dedicated > pump, or a normal CH bronze pump > if more pressure is required to operate the > combi's burner. Most modern combi's > will operate at low pressures these > days. Check valves must be used to > prevent the pump pumping down the mains. > This is similar to a secondary circulation loop > on a heat bank. Before the > combi, the inlet must be a length of 28mm, > preferably two in parallel. being > a part of the secondary circulation loop, > this stores hot water that will also prevent > a cold spot when the combi is going through > the firing proving sequence. The > draw-off/secondary loop must be well lagged > > Have a pipe stat on the loop near the > boiler to keep the draw-off temp to > around 40C, so it will not be extracting > heat from the combi continuously.- > > Just to add. On the combi secondary circulation loop you can have a > many 15 > litre electric storage heaters as you like (distributed storage), > common > item which can be had for around £60 or so. Hot draw-off from th > combi > into the cold feed of the 15 litre heater, hot outlet of heater to col > feed > of next (in series). > > - Haeraters can be under sinks > - A couple on the back wall of the airing cupboard taking little space > and > also is, in a loft, etc. > - Have the taps on the pipe on the hot outlet of the heaters. > - Have a pipes stats in parallel on the inlet to each (pipe stats ar > cheap) > - Instant response at the taps, > - As much storage as you want scattered around the house at convenient > points. > > If drawing off a bath all the hot water stored in each will end up i > the > bath a they are all in series (in line in the draw-off pipe.). So > one > under the sink, one under basin, two in the back of airing cupboard > one in > the ulitility room, etc. 5 of them gives 75 litres unvented, no tank > in > loft, high pressure storage for around £300, which is DIYable. Whe > water > is drawn off the combi and the stored water is used instantly, al > combined. > When the 15 litre tanks are exhausted the pipe states keep th > secondary > circulation loop on, and the tanks are charged up again. > > If the combi is down then turn on the electric supply to them all > giving > backup --

AndyHingston

Reply to
AndyHingston

There sure is.

Reply to
IMM

He's our tame troll and is quite effective at keeping the others away for most of the time - generally harmless as well.....

You're welcome, by the way.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

What is he welcome to do?

Reply to
IMM

Read the instructions and specifications, probably.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No idea, but here's a link to stop you doing it anymore:

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

It is probably stated somewhere that posters do not use forums fo

advertising there own products/services!

The only thing filling these threads are people bickering amongs themselves about was is right and wrong.

Shame that you did not have any useful information for my origina post!

And

-- AndyHingston

Reply to
AndyHingston

It is, but this is a newsgroup.

You seem to be posting to it using some broken gateway which has lost the thread context (References: header missing), which makes it rather hard to work out what you're talking about. If you want to use this newsgroup, you might want to use a proper newsreader directly rather than going through a lossy gateway.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote | AndyHingston writes: | > It is probably stated somewhere that posters do not use forums | > for advertising there own products/services! | It is, but this is a newsgroup.

And properly separated sigs are usually considered exempt anyway.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Firstly: This question must rate as one of if not the most often posted question. The main FAQ addresses some of the issues by identifying the types of heating system in general terms.

Secondly: The question, as posed, is a bit like asking "What car should I buy?" In short it all depends and apart from one or two who have a one size fits all approach the question needs refining a lot before a sensible answer can be suggested.

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Who are you referring to? It's usual to include this.

Then you have to decide who is right and wrong - it's pretty easy as IMM always exaggerates any savings or possible benefits of his chosen 'one size fits all' solution. Comes from believing implicitly advertising and not understanding just how they bend every truth to sell things.

Well, how much are you paying people for this service?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

misinformation not worth reading

Reply to
IMM

Dear John, Why don't you simply killfile me? And others that have sussed you out?

You never answer let alone debate any of my - or others - criticisms of your frequent inaccuracies, so why not do us all a favour and stop wasting bandwidth with your silly 'snip drivel' stuff which of course must make those reading on things like Google think you an even bigger prat than you are?

Of course, a real man - even one of mystery - would stand his ground and argue his corner.

Can't really see James Bond saying 'snip drivel' to Goldfinger while the laser was about to fry his goolies...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not worth reading

Reply to