where to get a stone that holds heat?

I think it is, I think you have to put it in the oven for a time.

BB

Reply to
Big Bill

There are some microwaveable rocks too. I think they are granite.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Try a glass chopping board or two. Or, if you really want to be cheap, a 1 litre carton of whatever heated to near boiling.

You should be able to get a stone offcut from a monumental mason, free. Any old stone should work.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

I just ordered a marble slab. We'll see how I get on with that.

BB

Reply to
Big Bill

OK but its limestone so don't use direct flame.

I am told soapstone is the stuff to use, apparently cooking pots can be made from it. Some cultures cook on "injera" which are directly flame heated ceramic hobs.

AJH

Reply to
Andrew Heggie <andrew.heggie

In article , Andrew Heggie

In the Pacific they use heated stones to line a pit in the earth for feasts. IIRC basalt is much used, possibly by necessity on volcanic islands. Of course you get the advantage of insulation from the earth there too.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

According to Google injera is a kind of bread.

BB

Reply to
Big Bill

Hello Big

Old night storage heaters. Free to collect quite often (except for chiropractor's fee) and contain many super-dense blocks.

Reply to
Simon Avery