where to buy chairs of this type used in Starbucks?

Hello,
I hope this question is on-topic for uk.d-i-y. I am refitting my kitchen and there's a small area in it in which a couple of these chairs would go very nicely. The only place I've seen these chairs is in Starbucks. They have a fabric cushioned back and seat and an exposed metal frame. What make are these chairs and where can I get some?
https://i.ibb.co/tZcHHrS/chair.jpg
Thanks!
Harry

Cassina do a lot of contract furnishing for Starbucks, you can check out their styles on the net.
I doubt you'd be able to buy them retail at an affordable price, assuming you can find them at all, as they're sold through top end stores.
michael adams
Yes they also probably bought a heck of a lot of them when they did a refit and got a good discount! Brian
--
----- --

Correction: they did the contract furniture for Starbucks in Milan. Which may not be unconnected with the fact that Cassina HQ is just down the road at Meda.
They do look really stylish but look a bit too flimsy to survive for too long in a cofffe shop dunno. But the same could have been said for the Ernest Race Antelope Festival of Britain chair.

I doubt you'd be able to buy them retail although looking at the rest of the furniture in your photo it almoat looks as if managers (or someone) are given discretion to kit out their stores at local auctions. To give it that lived in look. The wooden chairs and table certainly give that impression.
Have you tried asking the manager ?
michael adams
On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 11:38:54 -0000 (UTC), Harold Davis

Plenty to choose from here https://tinyurl.com/y4oqjfgt
--

Chris

On 10/09/2019 12:38, Harold Davis wrote:

Look like 'office' chairs to me
Try 'reception chair' or 'catering chair' search terms. Plenty like but not found and exactrmatch
On 10/09/2019 12:38, Harold Davis wrote:

Try googling for pub furniture suppliers. The hits should be the types of companies that supply chairs, tables and such like to pubs, restaurants etc.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Could you go into the cafe and turn one of the chairs upside down and see if it has any identification label,possibly by asking first of just pretending you needed to move it to pick up a dropped wallet.
GH

Oh I've already done that. No luck!
Also I am not sure what proportion of Starbucks outlets have them. I've only seen them in Starbucks at two motorway service stations.
Harry
Harold Davis wrote:

"hairpin chair legs" was the magic search phase
<https://neildavid.com/item/f1-easy-chair
On 13/09/2019 08:05, Andy Burns wrote:

The tube(?) supporting the back rest seems to be a bit thin and with someone sitting on the chair and tipping it backwards to balance on the rear leg supports it looks if the back support would fail. I'm surprised that they used it in a commercial environment.
It reminds me of some tubular steel chairs purchased at my previous place of work that although specified for a static load very much heavier than any member of staff they often failed when someone "plonked" themselves quickly from a fairly low height above the seat. Luckily it was always a partial failure and the seat height fell by a couple of inches at the back.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

alan_m wrote:

The corresponding soda looks worse ...