Web Sites for Colour Co-ordination inc Carpeting etc

Hi all

I know you can get colour wheels from sheds for compatible paint colours, but are there any sites where you can build up a "room" to show ceiling, wall and carpet colours all at the same time? I know this is a tall order and PC colour rendition varies etc etc. But it seems to take an age to get SWMBO settled particularly on wall and carpet colours.(white ceilings being the generally accepted standard).

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I dont remember anything about it, but:

NT

"NT" wrote

I dont remember anything about it, but:

NT

That's almost what I was looking for, but would prefer a solution that allows carpet colour to be set.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Not what you asked for but we took pics of the rooms, put them on the computer and then used a graphic package to change the colours by selecting each area, floor, walls etc. There's plenty of freebies out there, Gimp, Photofiltre, Serif Photoplus or even Windows Paint which would do the job.

Reply to
Harry

"Harry" wrote

Thanks Harry - nice idea that

My reservation on that one would be that the area is hall, stairs and landing. From the refurb photos I took, it became clear that it is difficult to get a shot that is representative (at least with our camera). Either the angle is too narrow, or the contrast is blown by the windows at intermediate and main landing levels.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Build a model of the room in google sketchup then apply colours/ textures to the wall/ceiling/floor surfaces and talk a walk throgh it.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Do you want to do this to your room or a generic room just to get an idea of colours? If the latter then the Dulux website has something that will do that - although I have never used it.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Absolutely NO point.

The colours all look different once in place, and whilst it is every=20 woman's conceit that she has an eye for colour, it is also every woman's =

prerogative to change her mind and hate it once its all installed.

In truth, women are just as crap at colour co-ordination, they just care =

more about it. Having adopted the mantle of Knowing All About It, they=20 will be looking to blame someone else when it goes wrong. Which it will.

My advice is to simply turn over the newspaper, pour another coffee, and =

say 'whatever you want dearest, as long as its not over =A31000 per room'=

If you leave a =A3500 contingent for changing half of it to match the=20 other half, you will at least be in a position to say 'but my dear, it=20 was entirely your decision, I played no part whatsoever'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There is a degree of truth in it. Far more men have a degree of colour blindness than women.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

M&S used to sell a CD which allowed you to do that on your PC.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman