Wasps' nest, what to do about it

The angle grinder is a bit OTT, it is only paper. A large knife or an axe should suffice. Though I would cut it down first, perhaps dropping it into a plastic bag.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

An disposable paper coverall, dust mask, goggles and a can of spray from B&Q was 100% safe for me. Sorry, I forget what the spray was but it produced a jet that could be directed at the nest from a few feet away.

Admittedly the nest was accessible from the ground (in the porch roofspace), no need to go up a ladder.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Ah, that must be the stuff I just posted about. I'll read the whole thread next time. I second your recommendation.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

manatbandq

We had a wasps nest in one of our compost bins this weekend, my wife got stung on the wrist by one as she opened the door at the bottom to check on the compost. I got a Rentokil wasp nest destroyer spray for £3.75 from our local garden centre, it seems to have done the trick as there are no longer a steady stream of wasps going in/out. I used our video camera to zoom in from a safe distance and see the opening they where using, that was where my first blast of spray went, then I covered the whole opening in the bin at the bottom and legged it..........

btw her hand looked like a blown up rubber glove the next day, she's been prescribed anthistamines and antibiotics now........

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cross

Whoosh.............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Google "Tiscali Idiot" for an idea of this troll's 'common sense'

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

That was the first sensible bit of input to this thread.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Or one could do away with all these proprietary insecticides and just use paraffin. Dealt with a nest in the parents compost heap a few years back with half a cup of paraffin sloshed about the entrance. Got that gem of using paraffin from the council chap I got in to deal with the 4 x 2 x 2 foot nest I found in my loft late one summer.

I wouldn't have bothered about it normally (late in the summer it was about to die off anyway) but I wanted to get some things out of the loft and the nest owners were getting just a little upset about me bumping about nearby...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What make?

Will Makita do?