Volvo V50 - opinions?

The only one of our (6) two wheelers that we *don't* still have to do that on is the Yamaha 'Majesty' YP250 scooter. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I'd imagined things had moved on since then. It's all been downhill since they added an electric starter :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

I think they have Dan, [1] it's just that most of our bikes are 'older' (90's) and not 'deluxe' models as such.

If you have the option of a downhill you don't need an electric starter. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] Depending on your viewpoint some might say things have moved on too far where bikes are often as 'complicated' as cars with the can-busses and fancy gadgets (like electric main stands)?

So, if you like doing your own wrenching, aren't loaded or aren't looking to push the envelope then something 'old skool' can be a better option.

For me the threshold is probably electronic ignition over straight points and coil(s) but not an ECU / fuel injection.

The newest bike I had for a while was a(n Indian made) Royal Enfield

350 Bullet. No can-bus, electric start or even fuel gauge on that. ;-)
Reply to
T i m

Electric main stands? Good God!

I admit, I would never happily go back to points. Especially since the demise of the distributor that you could twist.

I've always preferred bikes with as few moving parts as possible. Although I still have a 74 Triumph Daytona. Currently in bits, though.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Yup, and a light that comes on facing down that allows you to ensure you aren't about to deploy it over a drain etc.

Ah, good point. About the only technical we did when building the kitcar 25+ years ago was fit a Luminition system with optical contact breakers.

My current fave is my BMW R80 Monolever (The RR100RT is in bits) and I'll probably be buried with my little CB 250 Nighthawk [1]. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] That was the only one (of 4) that started and ran after being left untouched (outside) since last year ... again. ;-)
Reply to
T i m