Various electrial questions

Still surprisingly expensive for something that can be assembled with a DIN enclosure and off the shelf parts. Still I suppose you do get plenty of wiring room in the pre built versions.

Reply to
John Rumm

> Still surprisingly expensive for something that can be assembled with a

I have been fitting these

when needed. I pay around £20 from my wholesalers inc VAT. The 25mm tails go straight into the terminals with no bending required. I have found on line suppliers wanting £50+ for the same item.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ah, OK. The SWA will be after the break before make switch for the genny, which in turn will be after this CU.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

What sort of fuse do they take? Are the boxes available in other ratings?

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm wibbled on Monday 01 March 2010 22:05

Often BS88, at least the ones I've come across. Not sure about that specific one but it's likely.

100A, 80A and 60A seem to be the standard ratings.
Reply to
Tim Watts

It comes with a HRC fuse. They do a 100A switch but it comes with an 80A fuse! I assume that it is to allow some diversity against a 100A supply fuse.

See page 4 of

ARWadsworth

Additional info

It uses these fuses