Useless Pressies?

I think he's in Allentown Jail.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

I do the same but use an envelope that comes with the latest "Do you want a credit card " junk mail. I save them all up and keep them in my garage.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Well a B&D Auto Tape, of course.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I use an envelope & masking tape. Saw it on a Tommy Walsh show on TV. Works a treat as you say.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No, but there's a ship lying rigged and ready...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ah but that doesn't occupy ones little helper... I also don't trust masking tape not to remove the surface of the wall paper or paint film.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I had something similar that advertised Smiths Crisps. It took several attempts through the washer before it died. And even then the mechanism came back to life after it had been peeled of the mug. As they seem to be light activated I hid it in a corner of a mates fridge. Came on when he opened the door. Drove the bugger mad for about a week. G.Harman

Reply to
oldship

I am worried about the padlock that I won in a cracker. I can't find a use for it but mindful of the effort that went into producing the press tools, the materials and then shipping it from China, I feel that I should ensure its carbon footprint brings some value to humanity. Any suggestions.

Reply to
John

DIY presents are banned in my family unless I am buying for my Dad (I buy him something that is useful for me to borrow).

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I can't keep up with these modern beat combos.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I use one of the "old fashioned" dustpans (the half enclosed type) and just fix to the wall with masking tape, but only a thin strip of it going onto the wall. Easy peel off and move to the next hole. Just make sure you don't drop it afterwards!!!

David

Reply to
DavidM

As an apprentice some 30 years ago we were shown how to make a dust bag/envelope out of any available bit of paper and stick said bag with insulating tape to the wall below where we were drilling. The 'trick' was to stick the insulating tape to your 'bib and braces' a few times to remove some of the stickiness. Still stuck the bag to the wall well enough but came off easily. Saw somewhere recently that somebody has patented it!! Could've been a millionaire!!! My mate had a variation on the 'bag technique'. His adaption was to make a hole in the piece stuck to the wall and drill through it. Totally brilliant for the first few seconds until the bag stuck to the drill bit, rotated at high rpm and spread the dust all over the room, ceiling, budgie etc etc. So annoyed he whipped the drill away from the wall, placed said drill on the floor and the heat of the drill bit melted the carpet [a quality nylon product]...not a good day!

Reply to
grumpyat

In message , John writes

Don't talk to me about crackers - had one containing a compass with a plastic needle !

Reply to
geoff

Not this year, but got given a B&D Scorpion saw one year... now that really is dire!

Reply to
John Rumm

I've heard they can be very useful - as a door stop.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Give it to your friendly neighbourhood body piercing fetishist.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Doubt it - not that heavy.

Reply to
John Rumm

I actually found the saw quite useful for some quick rough cutting jobs e.g. 3" x 3" cross cuts. Unfortunately the design was crap with a single spot weld taking all the force of the whole blade assembly. Needless to say the spot weld failed when the saw was just over a year old. Nice idea just badly designed.

Reply to
David in Normandy

Mine - which was also a pressie - is still working fine. Not that it gets much use - if I'd found a need for one I'd have bought one myself.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My sister had one. It was really good for trimming trees.

tim

Reply to
tim.....