Under cabinet striplight with its own shade - anyone seen such a thing?

I have quite a lot of t4 tube link lights and have an application for a couple more (I might migrate to LED but that's a distraction really).

However this latest use won't hide the lamps behind a plinth so ideally a striplight with some sort of shade along one side would do the job nicely. I can't see anything like this anywhere though. Has anyone seen such a thing?

Reply to
Chris Green

You can get enclosures for LED tape lights:

Having said that, a tape light even without one is pretty unobtrusive under a cupboard.

This is looking side on at a tape light at eye level:

(it would be even less noticeable at under cupboard height)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, I had found those, they're not perfect for what I'm trying to do though (see below)>

I want to mount some light on a sloping roof so that it shines down but not in one's face. The light will be somewhere around eye level, or maybe somewhat above. I suppose I could mount a batten across the sloping ceiling/roof but I was hoping for something ready made that might look a bit more elegant.

Reply to
Chris Green

I've not got my head around just what you want so may be way off beam in offering

?>
Reply to
Robin

Use a strip of matching wood.

bill

Reply to
williamwright

As I said I had found those. However I don't see how they could mount on a sloping ceiling so that most/all the light goes downwards and little or none shines in one's face when near them.

Reply to
Chris Green

Ah, ok I was assuming this was going to be under a cabinet.

Ho sloping? Shallow enough that one of these would point down if mounted the "wrong way" so to speak?

or, go for a link light with supplied diffuser, then blank out a section of the diffuser with ali foil tape stuck to the inside on one side.

Reply to
John Rumm

Sorry about my Homer Simpson impersonation.

Reply to
Robin

I've LED strip light on the front under side of shelf above the office desk. Along the front edge of the shelf I've mounted a length of plain 1" deep curtain track, spaced slightly away with the center just below the bottom of the shelf. Had to cut down the track brackets to fix it. Can use the track runners with paper clips attached to hang notes from.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You can get L shaped ali extrusion in various sizes.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr
[snip]

The quadrant version might do what you need if you mount it with the diffuser pointing away from you.

Mike Clarke

I guess it might, thanks for the idea, I'll need to try and visualise how it would be.

Reply to
Chris Green

Yup. Was trying to think of an app where you couldn't make something to hide it which looked more in keeping than a factory made shade?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Matching what? It's a bare ceiling.

Reply to