Twin Headlamps

Ignition switch already near its limit?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dunno ? But I rigged up a relay that once energised fed it's own primary so the foglight stayed on as long as the ignition was on. Ignition off, foglight off, and needed to be switched on again. Made it impossible to accidentally leave it on. (I frigged the foglight switch to remove the lock, so it was just push-to-make ...)

That was 25 years ago ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Thinking of modifying the behaviour of switches, my dad modified the cigarette lighter (none of us smoke) so it make a simple latching switch. And he wired it in series with the ignition switch as a crude anti-theft device. This was in the 1970s. I imagine today's car thieves would find a way round that :-( I remember he got my grandpa to turn a steel disc which had the same profile as the cigarette lighter element so the contacts would still hold it in the "in" position. He had to remember to reverse the changes when he sold the car!

Reply to
NY