totally ot mac/windows

VMWare to emulate a Mac? Interested to know how that works...

Darren

Reply to
dmc

My basic macbook has firewire

Reply to
pcb1962

It's not a new one then :)

They dropped it a while back (with the Alu models IIRC). Annoying as I have a load of firewire drives. USB drives seem to use a lot more CPU :-(

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Apple has just updated its notebooks - there's now an entry level 13 inch aluminium Macbook Pro (renamed from plain Macbook) with Firewire

800 and the recently bumped up white plastic Macbook has FW 400.

E.

Reply to
eastender

Quite new, it's this one:

pcb1962

Ah, the older white one. I got the alu one that has just (as of last night) been dropped :-)

Seems they have gone back to firewire on all their machines again \o/

Shame I've got the only model that didn't. Still, last nights upgrades are nice.... must resist :)

Darren

Reply to
dmc