Tool bag (mainly use my tool for mechanics)

As subject really. I'm after a tool bag for my tools, always wonder in and out of the house looking for tools and think it might be a better idea if I get myself a tool bag and wondered if anyone came accross and goods ones ?

thanks

Reply to
James

Someone mentioned a branded one in B&Q a few days ago for =A310 IIRC

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Twas me. Bahco brand, very nice, no the receptacle for my plumbing tools.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Bahco do nice ones (uk.d-i-y reports cheapies in B&Q recently) and there are some very nice American ones from "Bucket Boss" or "Tool Boss". Sadly they seem to have folded recently, but there's still some old stock around (cheap too).

If you want big, try an army surplus shop or eBay. Squaddie canvas holdalls are a tenner or so and made of excellent strong canvas.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

That might not help, if the result is that you 'wonder' around looking for your tool bag.

Reply to
Mark W

I got a very nice tool trolley - about the size and shape of a shopping trolley, but with tool boxes and parts containers built in - from Macro. The only time I ever managed to get enough tools into a tool bag was when I did smithing at an open air museum and only needed to carry my own leather apron, hammers and gloves and even then I needed to carry the sledge separately.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

quite, I had an old green tool bag but even for minor jobs it doesnt hold enough.

Theres nothing special about tool boxes, just use whatever container fits the size and portability you need.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

B&Q also had a Makita branded one - a bit more expensive (like the tools) - =A330 I think. But it seems very very robust - don't think it will be easily torn by any sharp pointy tools - and it's closed over by a big velcro flap.

Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah

I've been to four different B&Q's (incl. two warehouses) over the past couple of weeks and couldn't find the Bahco one at all - never mind for a tenner :-(

Rumble

Reply to
Dave Osborne

But a handle DOES help tho'

Reply to
anyoneanywhere

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net...

Someone mentioned a branded one in B&Q a few days ago for £10 IIRC

OOhh I passing a B&Q today I'll check it out.

Reply to
James

:)

Reply to
James

Avoid the very cheap thin ones. I went through quite a few holding tools in the car. They only lasted a year or so each. Then I spent more and I've still got it. It's so old, I can't even remember where I bought it.

John

Reply to
John

I use a Plano 'hard bottom' (leave it) toolbag which is still in mint condition after a decade of use/abuse.

Me too. Best to wonder than to realise how crap life really is ;-)

Al.

Reply to
Al