TN-C-S with additional earth rod

My house supply is TN-C-S but also has an earth rod. It's a dedicated supply that runs overhead for some distance before diving underground to get into the house. An earth rod with PME seems to be controversial but I can't see any downside for an isolated property. Have I missed anything?

Reply to
mailbin

You are already 18th edition ready.

Reply to
ARW

The outside connection to the earth rod should be mechanically protected and insulated from being touched. It should have decent size of wire connecting it directly ot the main earth terminal by the incoming main fuse. There shouldn't be any additional connections to it except via the house wiring. Then I can't see what harm it could do (others might!) but don't rely on it to alter the characteristics of the TN-C-S installation.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

No not really. The earth rod simply becomes another of the "multiple" earthing points along the run of the combined neutral and earth conductor.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks all.

Reply to