Tips for sealing around door to prevent dust/ mess during building work pls!!

Our builders start work on Monday and I need to seal up a door to "help" prevent the building dust/ mess going through to another room.
It is staying sealed for a long time and I wondered if there is anything apart from parcel tape around the door I can use that will really make a difference.
Has anyone found a completely dust free sealing method they would like to tell me about?! Many thanks in advance

room.
like
Parcel tape if left on for a while will leave glue marks that are almost impossible to remove so beware. Gaffer tape may be better.
AWEM
Rebecca wrote:

Not a direct answer to your question, but "tack mats" and/or disposable overshoes at other entrances to the house can help prevent muck being tramped through.
Owain
Polythene dust sheet (or roll of same) and 75mm or 100mm masking tape round all the edges.
tape

Again as per parcel tape, masking tape that is left on for more than a day or two is a nightmare to clean up after
AWEM
Andrew Mawson wrote:

I have found that masking tape comes off easily, certainly after a couple of weeks. However be aware that if it gets wet it it almost impossible to get off, except with acetone. I found that out the hard way when I masked a boat to paint antifouling, then the tide came in before I removed the tape!
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 08:31:02 +0100, Broadback wrote:

=================================In this particular case the OP is unlikely to be too bothered by a few marks left by sticky tapes. She is sealing a room for her builder to occupy for some time and they will certainly leave her plenty of cleaning to do when they finish. Provided that she seals on the 'dirty' side of the door she can use pretty much what she likes.
Cic.
--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

than a

hard
Certainly if exposed to sunlight it is a nightmare afer a few days, speaking from personal experiance.
AWEM
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 01:27:49 -0700, Rebecca wrote:

=================================If the door is a good fit you can use foam draught-proofing strip for top and sides. For the bottom use a wadge of foam rubber (look in plastic roofing section in Wickes for 'eaves filler') or cut strips from an old chair squab. Staple or tape a polythene sheet over for extra protection.
Cic.
--
Using Ubuntu Linux