tile or plumbing first?

Hi, I am installing a new shower, I have a stud wall with the new supply pipes running up in it, but not yet in final position for shower. So back is still off the wall, and shower side is now ready for tiling.

Am I best to tile the shower side of the stud wall, then get plumber in to connect up pipes and make appropriate holes through tiles for pipes.

Or should I get plumber to set pipes in place with appropirate connections in wall, tile round them, then fit shower ?

Cheers

Reply to
special0fferuk

Do it this way, I doubt if a plumber will want to make holes through your nice new tiles and I probably wouldn't trust him to either. Depending on what shower you have I would make sure you test everything first before fitting. I have a concealed thermostatic shower which I am thinking of returning due to poor flow rate to body jets. I wish I had tested all this before tiling!!! at least I still have the back off the wall though........

HTH

Cheers Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Plumb first, including pressure test. Tile after, then make final attachment of mixer. Try to maintain access to plumbing via other side of wall, if possible.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle