Three core and earth colours

That's good. It would make more sense to have the neutral in black.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

That's old-world thinking. Black is live now, not neutral. I thought that grey is 'nearer' to blue than black is, IYSWIM, that's all.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Under low light blue/brown can be difficult to distinguish, particularly if the lighting is artificial re spectral content. Red/Black is a little easier, altho red "dirties" to brown.

Plus blue/brown colour blindness is going to be fun. "Do you like the new xmas lights" ... "but daddy, November the 5th was WEEKS ago"

Shall we invade the EU and change all fittings to imperial... :-) Then again the Canadians square-socket would be even more fun.

However, we pay people to sit on bums to decide what shape a banana should be... wonder what they are using them for??

Reply to
dorothy

Hi, I have,today, added a shower circuit to a CU with cable in the new colours, and affixed a Label stating "Warning this installation uses both colours ect ect" alongside a label stating "Part of this installation is protected by an RCD ect ect" alongside a label stating "This installation should be inspected at ect ect" and within 6 inches of a label stating "Safety electrical connection do not ect ect" Sadly this is in a council run care home where many are blind. Should the labels be also in brail or in the bin. regards Bob

Reply to
bob

Go for the cheap option and do not fit the sticker. The blind will not know that you have not fitted it and the guide dog will not know any better. As dogs are colourblind and they will have problems even if they decide to rewire the shower.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Is that brown almost black, or almost yellow? Could be rather reddish...

Reply to
Frank Erskine