Thorn Olympic 20/35 Boiler - Keeps blowing out . . .

Hi Group, I'm no expert DIY'er by any stretch, but I have a Thorn Olympic 20/35 Boiler.

It's had various bits over the last few years, including a new pump (it became a lot quieter then), and a new magnetic value (for when you hold it in and light the boiler - forgive my ignorance, I'm not sure what it's called, it might be a thermocoupler?)

The problem I have is this. It's a sucker to light it and takes several pushes. The reason I have to light it often is that when it's windy outside, it blows the pilot light out. Is there a simple fix \ is the hole too big to the vent or .... ?

Any pointers appreciated, as it's always been a problem with the boiler going out - but it's more of a problem now as it's getting harder to light each time and I'll end up with a permanent mould on my finger of the push button ;-)

All the Best, Paul

Reply to
Sky High