SUITABLE TAP FOR FRANKE INX611 SINK

Could you please advise ? For my new kitchen I chose the above sink which has a tap hole on the side.

I saw a nice really modern tap with spout reach of 190 but it requires minimum 0.5 bar pressure to run the tap. Seems that most of the contemporary taps require 0.5 bar pressure or higher.

Could this mean that unless a pump is installed the hot water just trickles ? How would I know what bar pressure we have in the house. It is a detached house with the water tank in the loft and the hot water cylinder on the first floor in the bathroom. My old fashioned tap with hot and cold water opener on either side worked very well.

Should I go for a traditional tap with cold water opener on the right and hot water opener on the left ? I would want the spout to reach the middle of the sink. Has anyone got the same sink and can recommend a suitable tap ?

thanks J Hunt

Reply to
johunt

The head of water at your hot tap is determined by the vertical distance from the tap to the top surface of the water in your loft header tank. (The position of the hot tank doesn't matter).

0.5 bar requires a head of just under 17 feet - whereas the actual head at the kitchen sink in a modern 2-storey house is nearer 14 feet - unless the header tank is mounted on a platform or brackets some distance above the loft floor.

Chances are the the spec is somewhat conservative - and that it will actually work, and give an adequate - if not brilliant - flow.

Reply to
Set Square

Thank you for the information - I found this comment when I googled for hot water pressure quote Occasionally, taps can be converted by removing a flow restrictor on the inlet pipework. If there is one on the hot inlet, take it out! They often take the form of a plastic screw inserted into the pipe that seriously reduces the available bore. unquote Is this relevant and true and would this make a difference ? thanks J Hunt

Reply to
johunt

Such restrictors are often used on mains feeds to toilet cisterns. Don't know about kitchen taps - never seen one on a hot tap. I would have thought it was more likely to have one on the cold tap if this is mains - and the hot gravity fed - to get get a better balance when blending hot and cold.

Reply to
Set Square

In message , Set Square writes

It may well be though on modern mixers, which may be designed to work on mains pressure CW and DHW, rather than stored.

There may be different models of the same type of tap available. When we fitted mixers in our bathroom you could get different ones depending on the water supply arrangements.

Note to the OP, make sure that the design of mixer is suitable for mains CW/stored HW- these have separate hot and cold feeds down the spout. Ones for mains pressure Hot and cold can have one single spout where the water can really mix in the spout. Use one of these on the other sort of system and the pressure of the cold water can cause problem with the hot flow.

Reply to
chris French