Stop heydon windfrm..

:-)

Reply to
Tim Streater

I doubt it will (would) cost very much more to run elections under AV than the current system. Those who compare the costs here with those under AV in Australia might like to remember that the distances involved there are rather larger.

And those getting excited about this might also like to look at how few seats would actually have had different results under FPTP as opposed to AV in Australia.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

..assuming people voted in the same way with fptp as av..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It won't cost much more since it will only take a little longer to count than FPTP.

If you have seen the "No" campaign leaflet you will notice that they claim costs for voting machines, which is an outright lie. In fact I have not read anything or heard anything from the "No" campaign that did not contain factual errors.

A lot of people cite Australia as a reason to prove AV is bad but they have compulsory voting there -- so there is a big difference.

Reply to
Mark