Static electricity jolt from water tap jet!

If you have an RCD this should trip off quick enough, must try it with an old hairdryer, and an *extension* cable tho!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Are we able to nominate IMM for a free bath so that we can try this out? ;)

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

We had a similar one recently but it was a 25mm tail that was damaged in a new build and the plaster on the walls was live along with the water in the bathroom washbasin - touch the taps and couldn't feel anything, turn the tap on and touch the water and you could feel a low energy "pulse". Metalwork (pipes / taps etc) to earth at mains board read 0v. Water from tap to mains board read 60v ish. V.V. strange fault to trace especially as the cable that was damaged was the feed to the apartment upstairs! Still, all in a days work ;-)

Richard

Reply to
Frisket

In article , tony sayer writes

Afraid not. The pierced cable was that of an installation in the flat below!

In article , Z writes

All right then!, an RCD in the flat below:-)

But that fault would have taken some finding tho!....

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , tony sayer writes

Yes particularly as I couldn't gain entry to the flat below. At least I got 7 hours overtime!