Speedfit technique

Exactly. Copper is quicker and a proper pro job. Plastic is for the toybox.

How much do you personally donate to the rich each year?

Reply to
IMM

Well the regs can't override the laws of mechanics. A round corner will present a much lower stress concentration factor than a sharp one (but the reduction may well be less in fibrous wood than in a homogeneous material like steel). So it will make a difference, as a smoothly shaped "U" could be stronger. But you can't take advantage of the extra strength and go deeper since the regs make no allowance for it.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

How do you figure copper will be quicker?

When you have to traverse several joists (and circumstances dictate that you can't notch the joists or even place all the holes through the joists inline), copper would be a nightmare! You would have to assemble a pipe run from lots of short segments joined together - very time consuming with lots of under floor joints.

Reply to
John Rumm

Judging by your recent posts, 'correct' has no place in your 'head'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bit early to have been on the sauce?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which regs?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not a problem to IMM with his sonic hacksaw.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My God, he is into sonic hacksaws now.

Reply to
IMM

The rugby union regs.

Reply to
IMM

My posts are above your head.

Reply to
IMM

I have done both. Most pros will tell you plastic is no quicker than copper. Also there is the time top replace the defective joints after testing. They don't like it.

The runs are always near walls.

No one does what you said.

Reply to
IMM

Might as well have been !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

There above everyone's head, only you are on cloud 'cuckoo'...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

You mean you know 'pros' who use hacksaws? Do they attend the same clinic as you?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He never mentioned the regs. But structurally, a U shape will be stronger. Read the famous 'Structures' book...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sigh..... So I think we do need to get you the Maplin toolkit. Do you want it in your stocking or for under the tree?

The Inland Revenue and Customs and Excise will give you the rates if you ask. It's also on their web site, so I imagine that your built in search engine would find them easily enough.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You still won't be notching a flitch beam or a RSJ though will you?

Other than you is seems...

Reply to
John Rumm

You are quoting the exception.

And all other sane mortals too.

Reply to
IMM

But it still will not make any difference in this case.

Reply to
IMM

< snip babble by a dysfunctional >
Reply to